14: Sonnet

"Ashley!" Camille shoved her way out of the train, elbowing others out of the way, and immediately found her brother amongst the crowd. She rushed into his open arms and they spun around a few times together before slowing to a stop, laughing. 

All sorts of people filled the station, talking as they walked back and forth, dragging luggage and meeting up with friends. The chatter was almost deafening. I looked out of the compartment window, one of my hands pressed up against the window, amazed at the diversity of people that walked around. Kaviel truly was the centre of communication. 

I struggled out of the train, trying to force my way through the crowd and meet them. There were many people at Lyne's train station today... it was hard to find Ashley and Camille. I kept losing them in the crowd, despite all my efforts.

I spotted a bright flash of gold. They were around the second exit of the train... 

I hurried towards the second exit, trying to get there before they moved again. However, in my haste, I ended up bumping into another person. I caught sight of dark hair and dark, nearly black eyes before I shut my own eyes and nudged past them, cutting through the crowd. I kept moving, hoping that they didn't get a good look at my face. 

My heart drummed loudly in my chest and I pushed down the rising waves of fear. I was suddenly aware of how many people were around. Kaviel was the centre of communication. What if news had gotten out? Didn't that guard say anything? 

"Azure!" I heard Camille's voice, high and clear, over the other sounds of the crowd. She was jumping up and down, waving. I froze. My heart literally stopped. I couldn't even move. My mind was screaming and that panic gripped me again. 

I couldn't breathe. I was gasping. Tears slid down my face and I shook my head. There was too much. There were too many things coming at me at once. I needed to get out. I needed to escape, I needed- 

The man with the black eyes passed me again. "Are you okay there?" He asked.

I shook my head as I tried to fight through the crowd. I wanted to throw up. I had to get away. I couldn't breathe I couldn't breathe why couldn't I breathe-

He handed me a tissue and laid a hand on my shoulder. I spotted white gloves. "It's going to be okay," He murmured. "You'll be fine. You're alright. You're safe. Take a deep breath."

I did so. "T-T-Thanks," I mumbled into the tissue. No reply. I looked up in surprise. He was already gone. "O-Oh." 

Slowly, I used the tissue to dry my tears. The worst of it had passed. The feeling had faded and melted away. I was going to be okay. I was going to be okay. I was fine. I was fine. 

I let out a breath and took in a deep one before I started my way back towards where I'd seen Camille. She was still there, hugging Ashley. The crowd had parted a little for them. Ashley let go of his sister when he spotted me. He smiled brightly. "Glad you're okay, Azure."

"Thank you." I replied awkwardly, unsure of how familiar I should act with him. We technically had only met once, briefly, even though I was friends(?) with his sister. I hoped he didn't see that I'd been crying. I was still gasping a little, but I tried to cover it up by holding my breath. 

Thank you, to whoever the man was. I owed him one. 

He turned to face the both of us. "I'd like the both of you to hurry up and come with me." He beckoned to both of us, his smile turning secretive. He glanced around, then beckoned us closer again. 

"Hey, Ashley. Why aren't you wearing the brown colored contacts?" Camille whispered, her own pale eyes darting back and forth as she scanned the crowd for their facial expressions. I could barely hear her.