Chapter 1

Alex's Pov

I woke up from an okay sleep like usual. My sleep here at my orphanage was never the best, not because the beds aren't comfy (because they are) and I'm really lucky to be where I am but it's just the memories and sudden realization that I'm alone. You know, just everyday stuff.

Anyways, I sigh and decide to get up and out of bed even though I really didn't want to. So I got up and walked across the grimy looking gray carpet to my small dark oak dresser that contained my small amount of clothes.

I rifled through everything before grabbing a light gray worn out V-neck, a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of boxers to go along with it.

I grab a towel and walk out of my room and into the crisp aired hallway and I walked silently down the hall to the bathroom.

I try not to wake anyone as I close the door as quietly as I can and I start the shower. I strip from my clothes that I wore to bed last night and I get in and just mull things over in the warm water.

I start to overthink again which is never a good thing but luckily I keep things down to a minimum and I had a good 30 minute shower and got changed before heading back to my room.

I wanted to go out today but I don't know if Mrs. Kellers will let me...Eh, it's always worth a try.

I wait until most of the orphanage is up until I go to ask her because if I woke anyone up by her yelling at me again...

Let's just say i'm not the most popular kid here

So I walk down the stairs after throwing on an old hoodie and I just kinda wander this house/building/whatever you wanna call it.

I finally found her with the babies and toddlers in the dining area so I walk up and say a quiet hey to my favorite one.

She's approximately 6 months old with dark hair and blue eyes, her name is Audrey and she's the shyest one out of all of them which is probably why I love her so much.

Audrey was left at the orphanage when she was a couple weeks old because her parents got into a really bad accident, she always cried whenever someone tried to feed her or hold her.

Well everyone except me, she always had taken a liking to me and no one knows why. I would adopt her if I wasn't, ya know, 16 and all.

"What do you want Alexander? I'm a little busy here" Mrs. Kellers says as she tries to feed both Audrey and Zachary but they both kept refusing so I sit down and feed Audrey while slowly making my way up to the topic of going out for the day.

"You wanna what?!" Mrs. Kellers says sounding appalled and I bite my lip a bit. All the kids here know her rules:

Mrs. Kellers Rules

1. Never talk back and respect everyone

2. Absolutely NO going out past dark

3. Food must be kept at the table

4. All cellphone must be handed in before bed (older kids only)

5. No going outside the premises for more than 3 hours without a guardian

6. Lights out and in bed by 11pm (+15) and 9pm (14 and younger)

So it's no wonder she sounded so taken back when I asked to go out for the whole day by myself with no guardian.

I wouldn't blame her, if i were her I'd be the same way. "Please? Just for the today?" I plead.

"I'll do all my chores, I'll even do some of Jackson's for him...I just wanna be free for the day and you know me I won't do anything illegal, I'll probably spend the day reading" I finish asking and I chew my bottom lip in anticipation.

She sighs "I don't want you going out and you know the rules, I'm sorry Alexander, please take Audrey and just stay inside" she says and I sigh. I finish feeding Audrey and I take her to the play area with all the other little ones.

I was sad that I couldn't go out but I understood the rules...but that didn't mean I would follow them.

Just before lunchtime I told Mrs. Kellers that I was heading out with Mr. Cans but she was hardly listening to me so I just got my shoes on and left.

It was a beautiful day out and I smiled as I quickly ran to a blind spot and waited for a few minutes before getting off the grounds and heading to the mall.

I had my wallet with me this time so I wouldn't have to go back and get caught or I wouldn't have to steal anything again.

Bad and dark times

I mentally shudder and head over to the closest bookstore to pick out a nice book. I try to keep the good thoughts in my head as I roam down the street quietly singing my favourite song:

I know what you think in the morning

When the sun shines on the ground

And shows what you have done

It shows where your mind has go-

I was cut off as I accidentally bump into someone.

I was quick to apologize and I look up to see the most perfect guy I've ever seen in my life.

He looked very familiar but my mind was drawing a blank and his brown eyes were speckled with concern.

"I'm so sorry are you alright?" He asks and I just take a moment to take in everything about this beautiful man.

He was wearing a between light and dark gray sweater with some dark denim jeans and white shoes, I couldn't really tell which brand I think they were Adidas.

I then remember I was staring and I look up and smile a bit "It's alright, really, the names Alexander but you can call me Alex" I smile warmly and he smiles back.

"Hey Alex, I don't suppose you know who I am but my name's Grayson" He smiles more and everything just falls into place and I go into a mini shock.

Holy shit

I just met Grayson Dolan