Chapter 1

"Okay class, I'm assigning you a project that you should finish by the end of the month," The tired teacher announced.

A eruption of groans filled the classroom, indicating that this is not what they look forward to.

"Save your moaning and groaning! This is not easier for me either, because I have to do all of this work, then times it by 10." The teacher had a valid point, but still. Nobody wants to do a project. Students had enough on their plate already as it was.

Nonetheless, the teacher continued his useless speech. "So what you're going to do is make a power point presentation about what we've learned in this class. You know, American Revolution, French Indian war, etc. The presentation will have be at least 10 minutes long, and make sure to have factual evidence in it."

Even more exasperated groans echoed along the classroom. Some of them even smirked, whispering to one another about how they're to ditch this assignment. As if the teacher can't hear.

Mr. Wensel gave a white sheet of paper to each student, a module stating what we should have in the project, and what we should not. I have to admit some of these are funny, one of them saying, 'Don't put crap in the presentation such as, models that resemble anything as a penis, nor useless additions to projects like a viral video of the crack kid.' That made me stifle a laugh, some of the other students giggled a bit too. Mr.Wensel's light hearted humor always make me laugh, that's why he's my favorite teacher. Sure he gives us a shit load of work, but I love him anyways.

"I'll leave you guys to chat, since it's nearly the end of class." Another reason he's my favorite. He always gives us free time.

A person next to me tapped on my shoulder lightly, then I turned to my friend Kacey to see what she has to say. A lot of shit fills her mouth when she talks, because it's always about gossip. But she's my friend either way. She's basically my news messenger.

"So hey, have you seen the new kid yet?"

I most likely had a dumb look on his face. "Oh yeah! I've seen that new person around!" I said happily.

"Oh for real?!"

"No. So, tell me about this newbie. Boy or girl?"

"Well it's a boy, and he's HOT. As in delicious eye candy lick-a-lollipop hot."

I rolled my eyes at her. She has no sense of what hot is. Even if it was sticking up her ass, she still wouldn't know.

"Oh nice, that's cool. I wanna see him for myself though,"

We kept on talking about gossip, and even more gossip. I tried to change the subject more than once, but she ends up driving back to the same topic. She tends to talk about one thing, and one thing only.

The deafening noise of the bell blared and I was out to my next class.

Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention this. My name is Laurie Summers, and I'm a vampire.

~~

Short chappey, i know. I'm gunna make it longer, but that's good enough for the first chappey.