Chapter 5

Shhhhh..... I updated. I feel like a brushed up a little on my skill of writing while I was out. 6 months.... I feel bad. 

~~~~

I hate mornings.

Whether I'm woken up with cupcakes and unicorn shit, or with a gallon of icy water they're bound to bring in some hateful days. Today's one of those abominations and I just wasn't feeling it today. At all. 

Prying my eyes open, I sat up and yawned.  I did my "daily routine" or major adjustments to the horrid thing staring back at me in my cracked, dusty mirror. I decided to skip the shower today, cause ain't nobody got time for that at... 8:55! I'm late for class, and I have Mr. Wensel for first period! 

I'm gonna keep cool. Because I'm a cool person... 

With lightning speed, I ran like a sonovabitch to school. Some people stumbled upon their feet, but I didn't have any time to spit at their faces for getting in my way.

I forgot I was still running with abnormal speed until I was seated in Mr. Wensel's class, pretending I was there all this time. Luckily, his back was turned and so he didn't realize how many times I flipped him out of victory.

"Ms.Summers?" 

"Present," I say.

Wow. They didn't even start role call ? I wonder what the class did to hold them so far back. 

I leaned left to the nearest person and asked them a random question. 

"Hey, did anything happen during homeroom? I mean something big must've held the teacher back from doing attendance so late." 

The boy next to me fiddled around with his pencil, awkwardly twirling it around in his face. "Yeah. The principle was on the loudspeaker earlier saying there was going to

an assembly once second period ends. After that, the entire class was rowdy, asking all kinds of stupid questions."

That was sort of odd. The principle barely gives announcements, he let the APs do it.

I cracked a wicked smile, trying to hide my anxiousness. Something really fucked up happened. If not, then really soon.

Mr. Wensel was writing the 'Essential Question' on quadratic formulas, until the homeroom phone rang.

The conversation consisted of various head nods and grunting noises. After 20 seconds, Mr.Wensel hung up the phone and faced toward the class.

"Seems that they're calling us down now. Well that was earlier than expected. Grab your bookbags and jackets, because after the assembly you will be dismissed."

Hm. To bring classes down after being only 10 minutes in class, I wonder what could be so urgent.

***

We all sat randomly sat on the bleachers, each row getting gradually filled by more and more students. 

A man with pepper-gray hair and a muscular frame came up to the microphone and tapped on it. He looked warily into the eyes of most students. 

"Ahem, as you all now that schools such as this one teaches socialization, debate, and learning to coexist with humans. One must not differentiate themselves from the dominant species. We must understand our place in the world before we can change theirs. Considering the fact that out brains contain hyper-intelligence and can recall an entire textbook, does not change that a human brain cannot.