Chapter 4

I realized how terrible my previous chapters were.. So secretly I've been undercover in a hunt for llamas in the arctic. Seriously, there was something wrong with me considering I put you in suspense like that. (Maybe not, fine with me) incredibly sorry for the EXTREMELY long hiatus. Life became a swirling pool of depression and I didn't feel like doing anything the past few months. 1700+ words, damn. It's unedited, to give you the heads up. Anyways, enjoy! ~

>>>>>>

The final bell rang and out came pouring hundreds of teens. The torture was finally over, and I could walk myself home. I couldn't shake the feeling of hatred coursing through my veins, because of the only person putting me through humiliation.

Crossing one street and another, I looked over any passerby humans. It wasn't meant to be a hungry glare, but more of an evil one. Ha, humans are too oblivious to the darkness lurking in every corner. 

Yet again, taking a double take at the blood bags made me stare at them with envy. A man and his daughter (I assumed) were walking down the sidewalk hand in hand, each with a smile plastered on their face. Not only they can live out their lives with ease, but can have a happily ever after, just as they wished. Vampires are the opposite; existing in this world until the end of time - living in the shadows for the rest of their lives. Death to humans is inevitable; but death to a vampire can only happen by plunging wood into the heart. We are abominations in disguise,

I thought. Secretly wishing that we were human, but thankful we are not.

The thought crossed my mind if we'll ever reveal our true identities to the world. Instantly I knew the world would be in havoc if that ever happened, humans fearing us for an eternity. A war with humanity itself would be sure to occur.

In the corner of my eye, I saw an inconspicuous white van inching towards me. Trying to act completely unfazed by it, I looked forward and kept walking. The white van got closer and closer; and I knew fully well that it meant business. This went on for a while, until a made a sharp turn on the sidewalk and sprinted for it (Vampire speed, of course) "Hmph. The shitheads didn't even see it coming," I muttered with a sly smile.

Before another step was took, I was held onto the wrist by someone. By instinct, I jabbed it in the rib. A painful groan erupted behind me. It fell to the ground; and I took the opportunity to see who it was. It was a boy, no older than I am. With pale skin and the dark shade of red rimmed around his eyes, I can tell he was a vampire. A new one, in fact. Seeming he can't even control his appetite in the open.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I spatted.

"If someone catches you with those eyes, do you know how much trouble you will -"

With a wave his hand, he dismissed my angry rant. Honestly, who the hell does he think he is?

"Look, I get that you are pissed, but this is - like super urgent. We need you to meet Hunter tomorrow after school in the parking lot. The reason he needs you, is because he wants someone like you, someone with attitude and bravery."

I shook my head in disdain. Why would someone like him need me?

"Attitude and bravery? What's this about?"

His grim face lifted up into a smile. "Word goes around something chaotic is about to happen. And we need all the help we can get to fight against it."

He inhumanely ran to the car with the rest of his monkeys.

With that, the white truck vanished down the rocky pavement.

They left me there with an open jaw. I was incredibly confused at the moment. Not even knowing if I volunteer for some unknown cause, that my sacrifice would be beneficial. But who am I to dwell on this matter? I should just go home and forget this ever happened.