Chapter 36

"So it's great that you guys made up and everything." Jena says. "but why did you say Nick, Jen?" She asks me.

Way to ruin everything Jena! Josh looks at me waiting for my answer. Be honest Jen. It's time to be honest with yourself and your amazing boyfriend.

"I don't have feelings for Nick but we did date for two years and I feel guilty for leaving him. I know I shouldn't because I didn't truly love him but it's still hard to leave someone you care about at the altar." I say looking at Josh.

"It makes sense. They did date for a long time but as long as you only love me, I'm okay." Josh says.

"I only love you."

He leans over and kisses me. I start smiling which breaks us apart. We sit forehead to forehead smiling at ech other. He pecks me quickly before pulling away.

"Well who wants lunch!" Sam calls from the kitchen.

We all walk into the kitchen to find a lot of food. We sit down at the counter bar. Sam is busy making more food. Who knew this kid could cook. Because I didn't.

"Wow Sam. I didn't know you cooked." Josh says sitting down next to me.

"Well I try." he says shrugging.

Jena starts teasing him about it before actually trying the food, which is very good. Sam sits down next to Jena and feeds her. I still don't get there relationship. They fight like siblings but the go and do cute stuff like that!

After we eat the amazing meal prepared by chef Sam, the leave so Josh and I can work everything out. I plop down on the couch. He sits across from me.

"So." I say dragging it out.

"So." he says right back.

"Well this is awkward. Do we have to do this?"

"Ya we have to do this. We have problems that we need to work out Jen."

"Oh ya.. You can start if you want."

I look down at my feet waiting for him to say something. He clears his throat, getting my attention.

"Jen, I do love you more than anything and I trust you but I feel like sometimes you don't trust me as much. Ya given my past I wouldn't trust me that much either but still relationships are built on trust. I need you to start trusting me." He says moving closer to me. I don't say anything to him. I want to trust him but I don't want to get hurt.

"Jen why don't you trust me?" He asks taking my hand.

"Ihaveahardtimetrustingpeople." I mumble.

"What? Jen you don't have to hide anything from me."

"I have a hard time trusting people!!" I exclaim.

"Why?"

"It's hard to trust someone when the ones you trusted the most are the ones who betrayed you the most. It's not that I think you will betray me, I'm just scared because it has happened before. I am really trying to trust you."

"Look at me jen." josh says tilting my head so I am looking at him. "I promise you I will never betray you. I love you so much and I will work everyday to earn your trust if that's what it takes."

"I could live 100 life times and never deserve you." (A/N see what I did there! of course you did!)

"Don't say that. It's not true. And really."

We both start laughing.

"So what are we doing for Christmas?" He asks me.

Ya we get off topic very easily. It's a real problem we have when we are together.

"Well we have a month off so first week and a half with your family, second week and a half with my family then we separate for Christmas and meet up again after Christmas." I say thinking about logically.

"You are so smart." He says.

"Well I try!" I shrug.

**One month later**

"Mom! I'm home!" josh yells when we walk in the house.

"Josh!!" I hear Connor scream before I see him come barreling down the steps, running straight for Josh.

He jumps at Josh, bringing him down. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Oh hey Jen." He says before Josh pins him.

"Good try little man." Josh says standing up.

"I really thought I had you that time." He shrugs.

Joshs mom and dad come walking in. Connor hugs me. I wrap my arm aroun him. He smirks at Josh, who is about ready to kill him.

"Hi sweetie." Joshs mom says to him before hugging him.

"Hi jen! How are you?" She asks me.

"I'm doing great." I say hugging her.

His dad doesn't hug me but just hands me a beer. We sit down. God he knows me too well.

"So we were thinking about going to the movies. Would you guys like to join?" his mom asks us.

"No mom. we just came here to hang out with each other." Josh says, his words dripping with sarcasm.

"That is no way to talk to your mother Joshua!" I say laughing at him.

He sits down next to me and throws his arm around me.

"We would love to go with you guys to the movie. In fact Josh will pay, since he is being a jackass." I say smiling at her.

"Oh Jen. I love when you come around." She says laughing.

We drive to the local theater. People all stare at us. Josh and I start laughing. Some even try taking pictures of us all sneakily. Josh takes my hand in his and smiles for the people taking pictures. I on the other hand just look down. Some dude walks up to us. Him and Josh have a stare down.

"What do you want?" Josh snaps.

"Look the big movie star actually came back. Im surprised you don't think you're too good for us. You know I wished you would have told me you were coming back." The dude says.

"Oh really why is that?"

"Then I would have." the dudes face softens. "I would have thrown a party!" he says laughing.

The dude and josh do the bro hug thing. Pretty much everyone on the theater is laughing. What is going on?

"You must be the famous Jen. Josh talks about you all the time. It's kind of annoying." he says before kissing me on the cheek.

"You the f*ck are you?" I exclaim.

"I'm Adam. Joshs best friend." he says smiling.

"Oh okay. What's up man?"

He starts laughing. "Josh did say you were funny. But damn bro! You didn't mention how gorgeous she is!"

"No I told you she was beautiful!" Josh exclaims.

By the time we get back to Joshs house, it's midnight. The night was absolutely perfect.

We saw Catching Fire then we went to a bar, drank and danced our asses off.

"Josh come to bed." I whine.

"Fine." he sighs climbing in next to me.

I rest my head on his chest. He starts playing with my hair.

"This night was perfect." I sigh.

"It was a lot of fun. Sorry about Adam. We have a strange friendship."

"He was funny and he didn't bother me at all. I actually enjoyed his company. He told me something strange though."

"What did he tell you?" Josh asks me. I feel his heart beat speed up.

"He told me that you were in love with me when we were filming Hunger Games."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Oh my gwad! That chapter was kinda boring so I added that little ending for y'all!

Honestly I love reading the comment you guys leave! They make me laugh. But seriously you guys are amazing! Someone made an amazing edit based off of this story and it was f*cking amazing!

Comment and vote! Thanks for reading.

-Tris