5 - Puppies, Parties, & Josh Ramsay

Wildfire - Marianas Trench
From wedding bells to private hells
To fresh new starts and wish-you-wells
From up in lights to up in smoke
We just can't let this go
Maybe this time it could work
If our need is dire
Maybe our future's so bright it fucking burns like a wildfire
Like a wildfire

J O R D Y N
My head perked up at the sound of the front door unlocking. I wiggled my toes which were resting on Ashton's chest. He groaned as he tried to roll over, trapping my feet underneath his body.

"Jordyn! Ashton! I have a surprise!" I heard my mom yell from the front hall.

Ashton and I both looked at each other.

"Puppy," Ashton whispered.

"Puppy," I whispered back as a smile grew on my face. I shot up from my laying position on the couch but couldn't move my feet because Ashton was on top of them. I aggressively wiggled my toes underneath him.

"Can you chill for like two seconds?" He huffed as he rolled off of the couch and onto the floor.

I winced in pain as his body weight moved over my feet.

"I get to name the puppy!" I yelled at him as I jumped up. His hands latched onto my ankle and luckily I grabbed onto the coffee table before I lost my balance completely.

"Jordyn and Ashton!" My mom's voice sounded irritated. Ashton and I shared a scared look.

"Lizzie isn't playing." Ashton whispered as I broke free from his grasp.

"Coming!" I yelled back to her as I grabbed Ashton's arm and pulled him up with me. Ashton kept trying to elbow me in the side as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Oh my gosh! Ashton sto-" I was mid-sentence and mid-elbow when my eyes landed on the surprise my mom had for us in the kitchen.

Three of my favorite people in the world stood at the counter eating out of a bowl of grapes.

"My favorite seconds of summer!" I yelled as I left my fiancé standing in the doorway as I ran to hug his bandmates.

My mom put her phone up to her ear and quickly left the room befire we could interrupt her conversation with whoever it was she was talking to.

Ashton groaned from his side of the room. My arms wrapped around Calum and then I moved to Michael. My last hug was reserved for Luke, who I hugged so hard, I didn't think I'd ever let go until Michael said something that intrigued me.

I stepped back at looked at the now blonde boy.

"What did you say?"

"Your fiancé had a gift for you but he's and idiot and left it in the hotel in Toronto." Michael laughed.

I looked over at Ashton as he turned ghost white. He was now standing next to me as Michael reached into his backpack.

"What did you forg- is that what I think it is?" I gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth at the item Michael was dangling in front of me.

"Just a signed copy of Marianas Trench's Astoria album on vinyl? Um, yeah, that's what it looks like to me." Luke rolled his eyes at Ashton who now had a sour look on his face.

I took the gift from Michael's hands and stared at it.

"I realized I forgot it as I was standing in line for security, so I texted Luke," Ashton gave him a dirty look as he said this, "I didn't even tell Michael."