24 - Forever and Always

Forever and Always - Parachute

I want you forever, forever and always

Through the good and the bad and the ugly

We'll grow old together, and always remember

Whether happy or sad or whatever

We'll still love each other, forever and always

A S H T O N

Wind blew my bangs out of my face as the car sped down the highway. My left hand loosely gripped the steering wheel as my right hand tightly gripped Jordyn's hand.

Today she was released from the hospital. It had taken six more weeks after she had woken up. My dislocated shoulder had healed and I felt a lot better, physically at least.

Mentally and emotionally, I was destroyed. Jordyn and I promised each other that when she was released, we would both see therapists.

We had a lot to work through, but I knew in the end we would all be okay.

"Hey Drummer Boy," she whispered. It was the first thing that came out of her mouth after they took the tube out. Her voice was hoarse and scratchy. A single tear dripped down her cheeks as the corner of her mouth upturned into a smile. Tears from my eyes dripped onto our intertwined hands. I thought back to when I fell in love with her and how she refused to call me by my first name.

"Hey Jell," I laughed through tears. "Jell" was a nickname I came up with that meshed her first and last name together. I particularly liked it because when I said "hey Jell" it sounded like "angel," and that's was Jordyn Achsa Ellis was, an angel.

My God, was I a lucky man.

"I'm so glad you finally got your American license. Now you can chauffeur me around." Jordyn said.

She looked over at me and let out a giggle. Her hair was blowing everywhere from the wind. I smiled.

"I'll chauffeur you around for the rest of our lives Jor."

She smiled as positioned her head to face forward.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Close your eyes, it's a surprise."

She opened her mouth to speak but shut it again before closing her eyes.

The rest of the drive was short, only about ten minutes. I parked the car on the side of the road in front of our destination. I pulled the keys out of the ignition as I opened the door.

"Stay there Jor, I'm coming."

I ran around the front of the car and opened her door.

"Do I need my crutches?" Jordyn asked, her eyes still shut.

"Nah, I wouldn't worry about it."

I reached down and pulled her up, I held on to her tightly so she wouldn't put too much pressure on her leg.

My fingers brushed the hair out of her face.

"Open your eyes," I whispered.

Her eyes slowly opened and took in the sight.

"Oh my gosh! The Tilton Lane house!" She gushed. "I love this house."

"No Jor," I began, "it's our house." I pulled the keys out of my pocket and dangled them in front of her face.

If I could stop a moment in time and relish every second, it would be this one. Jordyn's jaw dropped as tears filled her eyes.

"What?" she mouthed. She wiped a tear as it rolled down her cheek.

My eyes filled with tears at her reaction.

"Ashton," she laughed through tears. She wiped one of my tears away. "When did you do this?"

"The night you woke up." I hugged her tightly to my chest. I was basically holding all her weight.

She said nothing as she buried her head in my chest and cried more.

"Would you like to go inside?" I whispered in her hear. Her head frantically nodded up and down. I smiled to myself as I picked her up bridal style and walked up the path to the house.

Jordyn's shaking hands unlocked the door and I kicked it open with my foot.

Jordyn's face was lit up with a smile.

"Welcome home, Jordyn Ellis." I whispered as I set her down. She held onto me for support.

"It's Irwin," she whispered back.

"Actually-"

"Stop being a smartass!" she interrupted. She slapped me on the arm.

"Okay, Jordyn Achsa Irwin. Happy now?" I snickered.

"Happy wife equals happy life."

I smiled as I pressed a kiss to her lips. I pulled slightly away, keeping my forehead pressed against her and looked into her eyes.

"I love you Jor, forever."

"And always."

I was the drummer boy and she was the camera girl and here we stood. Our story wasn't perfect, but at least it was ours and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Even if we didn't have it all together, together we had it all.

Now, I don't know who the quote was from, but I do know that it spoke the honest truth, our truth.

If you've learned one thing from our love story, I hope it was unconditional love. Never give up hope and love until you can't love anymore.

Forever and Always.

The End.

EPILOGUE & AUTHOR'S NOTE COMING SOON.