19 - Everything

Florence + The Machine - Never Let Me Go
And the arms of the ocean are carrying me
And all this devotion was rushing out of me
And the crashes are heaven for a sinner like me
But the arms of the ocean delivered me
Though the pressure's hard to take
It's the only way I can escape
It seems a heavy choice to make
And now I am under all
And it's breaking over me
A thousand miles down to the sea bed
Found the place to rest my head
Never let me go

A S H T O N
I knew that the police were searching for Tanner. Tanner knew that too and he was an expert at running away from mistakes, even if they weren't done on accident.

Alex's voice was raspy and off key through the wire as he sang some Bruno Mars song.

We were taking things into our own hands.

We had bought a wire and Evelyn sewed it into Alex's flannel so there was no way that Tanner could find out unless he somehow ripped apart the item of clothing. We could hear everything on Alex's end, but Alex couldn't hear anything from our end.

"He needs singing lessons; I think I'm deaf because of his shit singing." Calum scoffed as he adjusted the earbud in his ear. I chuckled at his response, he was definitely not wrong on that one.

We were sitting in the lounge which was across the way from Jordyn's room, sharing a pair of earbuds to listen to Alex's encounter with Tanner.

Alex texted Tanner asking to hang out and get a bite to eat.

"He's here," Alex's voice drifted off.

"Alex Motherfuckin' Dawson!" Tanner's faded Australian accent peeped through his voice as he greeted our spy.

"Long time no see, my brother!" I could tell Alex was smiling and bro-hugging Tanner. It made me want to barf.

"What's next, they're gonna smash?" Cal questioned. I snorted at his remark.

Tanner and Alex talked about baseball and beer for the next thirty minutes, causing me to close my eyes.

"Damn, it better be time for the Dodgers to make it to the post-season." Alex stated.

"Damn, you better shut the fuck up about baseball or I'll make it so you don't ever know if they make it to the post-season or not." Calum spit as he angrily ripped the earbud out of his ear and stood up.

Someone was in a bad mood today.

"I'm going to grab a water," he informed me before he left the small room. I nodded and returned my attention back to the live audio feed from my laptop.

"I'm thinking about getting back together with my ex-girlfriend from highschool." Alex suddenly said. I tuned in at the right time.

"Yeah? Is she hot?"

"Smokin'."

"What's stopping you? Why not just go for it?" Tanner asked.

"Her psycho fiancé is fuckin' clingy, man."

I was glad I wasn't in the same room with Alex because I probably would've choked him with his wire.

"Take him out, bro."

"I already did once."

"Well grow a fuckin' set of balls and do it again. It's a fool-proof plan." I rolled my eyes at Tanner's remark, he was always the worst at giving advice.

"That's not a fool proof plan, he's fucking famous and would lock me up forever. Not to mention, he'd ruin my life."

This was the one statement that left Alex's mouth this evening that I could agree with him on. Plus, I'd beat his scrawny ass before he even laid a finger on me.