Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

I wake in a small tent with my arms restrained to a cot by rope. I lift my head to see a table with a map on it. I lift my head higher only to catch the words Meadow on it. A girl with stringy blonde hair in a plaid shirt and torn up army pants walks in.

"Yay! Your awake." she claps.

"Where am I? Who are you? Why am I tied up?" I ask.

"Don't worry, we just tied you up so you will listen to us." she says sitting down in the chair next to my cot.

"Untie me, now." I demand.

"I will as soon as my brother gets back." she says.

Just then a man dressed in a peacekeeper uniform enters the tent. "Good, your up." he takes off his helmet and reveals his brown buzz cut. He sits down next to his sister. "I'm sorry for how this all happened, but we would never get you to listen any other way." he says in a smooth low British voice.

"Please untie me." I command.

"I will soon. My name is Aneel. This is my sister Darcy." Aneel says.

"Okay." I say.

"We know about Snow living in the secret acres just some miles from where we are." Aneel says.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"We are in the Meadow about a days trip from 12." Darcy says.

"Why am I tied up?" I ask.

"We are with a team that's planning a war against Snow as soon as possible so he's caught off guard." Aneel says.

"Listen guys, we are handling it. Let us do our thing so you don't get hurt." I say.

"But do you know Snow? He's our Grandfather. So we know the inside. And his plans." Aneel explains. "He's planning an ambush on the entire country of Panem. He has reinforcements prepared at any moment for battle. But he still isn't aware that you are aware of his existence so we have the perfect battle arrangement, but it involves you."

"Why me?" I ask.

"Katniss, you may think the war is over, but it's just beginning. And your still the mockingjay. Your team isn't fully prepared and equipped for this battle. We've been preparing for this for years, we knew of Snows backup plans if there was to be an uprising. We know the mansion in and out, and he is too wound up with his plans to notice our contribution with the rebels against him." Aneel says.

"I can't. My team already has a plan. We are working on it, trust me guys." I say.

"No trust us, Katniss." Darcy says.

"Give it up, Darcy. We did all we could." Aneel says as he unties me. I stand up off the cot before them.

"I'm sorry, but we have it all handled." I say.

"I'm sure you do, but do you truly know? Do you know anything of the plan?" Aneel says.

I frown a little then look down. "I'm sorry, I need to go now." I say.

"I'll walk you back." Aneel says.

We leave the tent and make our way back to 12 in silence. In a short two hours, we reach the boarder.

"You told me it was a days trip." I say.

"We did, but we just lied so you wouldn't run or anything." Aneel says.

"Oh, well thank you for walking me back, and I'm sorry I couldn't help you." I say.

"We kind of expected that." he says. "But remember what I told you Katniss, we know Snow and his plans." he says then walks back into the woods. I watch him leave then I hear my name.

"Katniss! Katniss!" I don't even turn to know its Peeta. I just watch Aneel run off. Peeta runs up in front of me and wraps his arms around me so tight, but I keep my eyes focused on Aneel, I catch sight of a symbol on his wrist. I focus hard on it to see the Capitol symbol.