Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

"What, what do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean you were hijacked, Katniss. You've been out for three days." Gale says.

"When was I hijacked?" I ask not believing them.

"Do you remember when you went to get a pregnancy test, did they ever inject something with a needle in you?" Aneel asks.

"Yes, it was morphing." I say.

"Has it ever occurred to you that there was no need for morphing at the time. You were only getting a pregnancy test." Aneel says.

"Are you saying that I've been blacked out since the day I went for a pregnancy test three weeks ago?" I ask.

"No, Katniss that was three days ago." Gale says.

"You said I was asleep, why was I not in a hospital or anything?" I ask.

"You were, we got a call a while ago saying that you ran away after accusing a hospital attendant that Peeta was there and that there was a Doctor Isaac." Darcy says.

"But, your the ones who told me that Doctor Isaac is working with Snow."

"Katniss, you were dreaming," Peeta says.

"This whole time? There was no Snow? He never came and talked to me?" I ask.

"He probably did, but you must have dreamed it differently." Aneel says.

"Wait, didn't I dream about you?" I ask Aneel.

"You dreamed about us?" Darcy says.

"Yes. How are you here?" I ask.

"Aneels one of my friends from two. We got to talking and now he's here helping you." Gale explains.

"This is crazy." I say. "Wait, am I pregnant?" I ask. "Since I blacked out after they hijacked me."

"We are sorry but we can't tell you that information since we don't know it ourselves." Aneel says.

"What's going on in here?" Johanna walks down the stairs and stops once she sees me. "Oh, look. Brainless is up and running." she teases. She walks up to Aneel, winks at him, and leaves.

"Then what do you know about these?" I pull out the pins.

"Ah, you found my pin. The one with the Capitol seal is mine." Aneel says.

"Why do you have an exact replica of my mockingjay pin with the Capitol seal on the back of it?" I ask.

"One side Capitol, other side rebellion. I wear each side depending on my location." he says taking his pin.

"Wait, where's Haymitch?" I ask. "I haven't seen him in a while he should be part of this conversation."

The whole room goes silent.

"Where's Haymitch?" I demand.

"Last night before you woke up, some of Snows men came, and they..." Peeta trails off.

"They took him away." Gale says.

"What?" I ask.

"He's been captured by Snow. Snows testing you he won't kill Haymitch he will only hurt him, like Peeta." Aneel says.

"And you think that that's suppose to make me feel better? I'd rather him die then be tortured by Snow." I say.

"Those are harsh words. Considering we have a team preparing at this very moment for rescue and ambush on Snow." Aneel says.

"It may be harsh, but it's the truth. Haymitch doesn't deserve to be tortured. He doesn't deserve to be taken away. Make sure that your team is ready, because we attack tonight."