Chapter 2: 💧

Later that afternoon, I lay down on my bed thinking. I held the key necklace in my hands and run my fingers over the light glowing stone. I threw it up and it landed on my bed, I waited to see if it did anything. But it didn't, nothing, not any sparkle or sound came from it.

My only question was that why did it glow so bright when I touched it?

The kids from the other orphan left a few minutes ago so it was nice and quiet in the halls. If you dropped a pen you would be able to hear it thud on the floor. I sighed and pulled the necklace back on. I slip off the bed and slide my slippers on.

Knock, Knock

I glanced up and the door, I saw a wisp of strawberry blonde hair and I smiled. "Hi, Mia."

Mia walked in and sits on one of my dormmates bed. She slouched and buried her face in her hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, "Nothing..." Mia replied she brushed a loose strand away from her face. And sighed, "I'm fine, it's just that the kids ruined my painting." She says.
I wince, I always knew that her flower painting was her favorite. She spent about two hours on painting the petals.

I walk over and sit beside her. "It's okay, we could try to fix it." Mia stares up at me and half-smiles.
"Okay." She stands up and turns towards me. "Thanks."
I nod and we both head to her room. I open the door to see that her painting is soggy and the paper is starting to rip. I rush toward it and quickly turn it over so we can't see the paint. The painting is now resting just on the paper and not on the wooden outline. I take a roll of paper towel from Mia's desk and press it onto the wet part of the canvas. I hold it there for a few seconds and then slowly remove the paper. The wetness is still there but not as visible.
"Woah, it looks so much better." Mia gushed. I smiled and flipped it back over, moving it into the sunlight that is shining into Mia's room from her window above her cream colored bed.
I smiled at the painting and was about to turn around to look at Mia when I here my caretaker's high pitch voice.

"Arielle, someone is here to see you." I swing around and see my caretaker's bony thin face by the door. She has opened the door and popped her head in to look at us. Mia and I start towards the door at the same time but my caretaker stops Mia.
"Only Arielle, dear."

Mia frowned and turned back to sit on her bed. "Tell me everything." I nodded gave her a quick smile and walked out.

"He's in your room, honey."
I nodded and silently pushed open the door to my room. Sitting on my chair by the window is a small man, fiddling with a cane. He turns and I see him more clearly.
His face has wrinkled from old age and he has very light blond hair. A small stone necklace rests on the outside of his coat.
I reached back and close the door. Then turned back to him.
"Sit." He motioned to my bed. I walked over and sat down.
"You, do you know where you came from?" He asks me. I sit there not quite sure what he means by it.
"No?" I questioned.
"You're not a normal person like your friends are."
"What?!" I say.
The man sighed and stared me in the eyes, I shivered. "Let's start from a different angle."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

This man came in today and wanted to talk with me.
He said that his name was Wlinger. Just Wlinger. I'm not kidding.
Wlinger said that he was from another world that was hidden on Earth. They are in grave danger.
Some people from another planet are tracking them down and trying to hurt them. Destroy them. Wipe them out. They are called Simelians. They have called a war between the two nations. But something is very wrong. The Simelians are looking for a stone and a girl. A girl that can do great damage, she also has powers. Wlinger and his people need my help to find the girl. And a stone that harnesses the two nation's power source. If one has it the other is helpless. Apparently I'm the daughter of Lady Elise, a honored person in their society. She's died in a battle.
He didn't tell me anything else, but am I suppose to believe him? This all seems crazy but so elaborate that it seems true.
Help me. I don't know what to do. Why is always me?

Arielle