Chapter 4: ⚫️

I sat down in the dining hall the next day right beside St. Clair. Wlinger had his nose stuffed in a bunch of files, and Princess Elissa sat at the head of the table in a deep conversation with one of the guards.

St. Clair was munching on some pancakes, as I stared at my plate. "Not hungry?"

"Not really," I pushed my breakfast away from me and watched St. Clair eat.

"Are from France?" I heard St. Clair ask.

"Non {no}"

"But you speak French."

"Oui {yes}"

"Moi aussi. {me too} "

I smiled. "St. Clair and Arielle, you have classes today." Princess Elissa's voice rang out. "You must go now, Officer Ezekiel will lead you to the garden."

I stood up and walked towards the door where Officer Ezekiel was standing, I watched St. Clair stuff a slice of bacon in his mouth and rush over. We walked out of the dining hall and down to the garden. "Je déteste l'école.... {I hate school}" St. Clair moaned.

I looked at him, "Même, {same}" We arrived at the garden, Officer Ezekiel stood at the entrance.

"Come," I followed St. Clair into the garden. The garden was beautiful, flowered vines hung off plant pots and blooming flowers scattered the yard. In the middle was a large white gazebo, inside stood an old lady. She beckoned us forward. A few other people about my age were already sitting on the benches that were lined up in rows. St. Clair sat on the second bench to the back and I headed to sit beside him. As I walked past the first row, three girls sat there giggling. "See that girl? She's new and an orphan." I heard one of the girls' whisper.

I stiffened but ignored them. I went to sit beside St. Clair and stared at the front. After a few minutes, other students had filed in quickly filling all the seats. Finally, our teacher announced, "Welcome to Healing and Mentalist Magic, my name is Professor Caverly. Before we get started you all need a partner, groups of 2 only." I glanced at St. Clair, he nodded. "When you have your partner you may come up and grab a rubber ball. Today we are learning how to control an object using your mind."

St. Clair rushed up with the rest of the students and came back with a black rubber ball.

"You can spread out around the garden with you partner. Take turns trying to lift it. When doing this, focus on calming your mind, close your eyes and think of what you want the ball to do. Since we don't have much magic this might be harder than usual." Professor Caverly explained. "Okay go ahead, I will be walking around helping you if needed."

"Watch out, I'm so good at this you won't be able to handle it." St. Clair smiled and walked out of the gazebo to the corner of the garden. I rolled my eyes and followed him. "Since you're so good you can go first."

St. Clair smirked and placed the ball down on the ground and took a few steps back, I watched him as he closed his eyes, I looked at the ball and saw it twitch. After a few seconds, it lifted off the ground and hovered a few inches from the ground. St. Clair gently placed it back down and looked over at me. I sighed, he stepped back and I stared at the rubber ball. Closing my eyes, I pictured the ball in my mind. I imagined it lifting up. I slowly open my eyes and saw the ball hovering.

"Very good, Arielle." I let the ball drop to the ground and saw Professor Caverly smiling at me.

"Thank you," I replied. She walked off, I smiled at St. Clair. "You're not the only one who can do it."

He shrugged and I looked up and watched as a red rubber ball fly across the garden and smack a girl in the nose. I heard her yelp in pain. Professor Caverly rushed over and comforted the girl. She stood up and stared at the girl I had heard whispering about me, "Kesley, what was that?!"

Kesley smiled sweetly at Professor Caverly "I'm sorry miss, I heard something and it scared me. I lost control."

Professor Caverly nodded, "Perhaps you should come at lunch and we shall work on your control." I smiled.

Kesley pouted but quickly noticed everyone watching. "Yes, madame."

"Put the balls in the bin, Class Dismissed."

I picked up the ball and rushed out of the garden with St. Clair. "Off to Demonology." St. Clair sighed. I nodded and looked over at the entrance of the palace, I spotted a dark figure disappear into the bushes. I blinked and nothing was there, I shook my head and followed St. Clair to Demonology.

-----------------------------

Ty everyone, next chapter coming out soon

~Rosie Larkson