Chapter 5: 🌮

At dinner that evening I sat at the dining hall filled with other kids. I focused on my plate filled with salad and two miniature tacos. I glanced up and watched St. Clair fill his plate with food. He came back and sat with me. "Wow, you're hungry." I gaped at the mountain of food on his plate. I took a sip of my Coke and looked around the room.

It was very similar to a high school, just the dining hall was very modern. People all sat in groups. After excessive staring I had figured out that the popular people sat near the center by the windows, nerds sat near the exit, jocks near the water fountain and garden. There where people who never really showered, book nerds, musical people, robotics, gamers, and then us. I hadn't found out what St. Clair and I were considered as but I really didn't care.

I looked back to see St. Clair groan and push back his plate. I had been so distracted that I had not noticed he had finished everything on his plate. She grinned foolishly and patted his belly. "I wonder when the dessert is ready."
I stared at him is shock and burst out laughing.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing," I replied with a grin on my face.

Ding, ding*

Everyone looked up to see Princess Elissa. Beside her was a older man. He held a cane and was looking proudly at Elissa. "There will be no classes this afternoon due to spotting of some rouges on campus. I would like you to all assign back to your rooms and stay there till a guard comes and tells you it is safe. Hurry." Princess Elissa said she turned away and helped the old man down the steps of the podium and out of the hall. Teachers who had been supervising hurried some of the students out the door and gathered their belongings. St. Clair and I hustled our way out swerving around groups of kids and guards. We rushed up to our room where two other boys and a older girl were sitting, talking with hushed voices on one of their beds.

The three looked up a shocked look on their face to see a new girl in their dorm.

"Hello," I introduced myself shyly "My name is Arielle, and you guys are?"

"I'm Calum Adley," The one boy with dirty brown hair spoke up. "This is Paisley Livensong and Braiden Sanders."

  I smiled. "Nice to meet you."

"You too." Paisley nodded, her light, strawberry ginger hair that was pulled into a tight, slick ponytail bobbed. "What's your surname?" She asked. "We told you ours so it just fair that you tell us yours." I froze, at that moment of time all feelings rushed into me...

~ I didn't know my last name.