⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠁⠉

Chapter 13

As I said, shooting isn't the hard part. Avoiding being shot at is.

I watch carefully at the man I was assigned. Has been put on death row several times, but the family of those whom he has killed would miraculously drop the charges after someone of theirs would go missing. He is a drug trafficker, mob boss, business owner, millionaire, and a womanizer. Frequently seen in clubs and bars if hes not taking lives and destroying families.

I line up my scope and focus on the air around me.

It's cold, colder than usual for November, so that allows for me to perceive the sound longer. (The temperatures slow the speed of sound, allowing some people for it to seem as though its louder.) And it allows me to see the breaths of those around me.

No abnormalities or anything. Heart beats are at a steady rate, and the shadows will be cast over me for the next half hour or so.

I check the surroundings once more before I line it up and shoot.

Just a click, not too loud, but loud enough to be heard as an echo.

He falls to the ground as if he had a heart attack, reaching for the person closest to him. But the bloodstain on his well ironed and pressed shirt spreads so quickly, he might as well been dropped in a pool of his own blood.

I quickly pick my sniper up off of the ledge and move swiftly away from the scene, but the sudden sound of footsteps approaching me will be a bit more difficult then once anticipated.

"Over-!" I silence the man with a quick knife to the side of his neck.

"This way!" Someone from a few meters away call. Fuck, they heard.

I run up a wall and perch on top of a shipping container, aiming my sniper at the oncoming men.

Just three more clicks, no one will see a thing.

I send a bullet through each of their exposed jaws, and they all fall to the ground with rather impressing silence.

I stay silent and absolutely still, listening for voices and footsteps in my immediate vicinity.

None.

Let's go.

~~~~

I push through my door and throw my mask off across the room.

"Welcome home, Ms. Richards." A robotic voice says softly through my new apartment.

"Lock the doors and windows and turn off all the lights except for the bedroom and kitchen." I say to the AI which follows my instructions easily.

"Anything else?"

"That is all SARAH." Stark, Anthony's Really Awesome Home-AI. And he specifically said to me after telling me the name of it: 'Shut up it's a work in progress, and I know that the anagram doesn't work but SHUT UP!'

I lazily pull my hair out of the bun I had it in and I shake it loose so the strands fall all around me.

I look down at my sleeves and scowl, "Can't I go one night without having to mend my uniform from night cuts?"

My phone rings from my pocket and I answer it on speaker phone, "Hello?"

"Em, I hear you're back in town."

I freeze up at the voice. The oh-so familiar voice. The voice of someone that I loved- that I cared about... the voice of someone who broke everything I had and everything I was.
Wade Wilson has the guts to call me after almost five years.