⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗⠀⠼⠃⠊

Chapter 29

"Got any fives?" I ask boredly, while laying upside down on my couch, my head resting against a propped up pillow.

Matt takes a brief moment to run his fingers over the numerous holes I punched into the cards, "Go fish."

I mutter a few curses before reaching and grabbing a card from the deck. I'm losing Go Fish against a blind guy... talk about a new low.

"Two's?" He asks and I let out a small groan and flick a card towards him. He lets out a low chuckle and puts down another pair, "This is honestly getting sad."

"Well, poker didn't work because you could call every goddamn bluff- so it's either this or we sit in silence again." I tell him with a small huff at his super hearing.

"Don't you listen to music or watch movies?" He asks and I laugh slightly.

"I can't watch TV, or use computers... or my phone- at least I'm not suppose to." I tell him with a shrug, "Hyper sensitivity, it's common with monochromacy."

"Six's?" He asks and I throw him another card, "Right, aren't you suppose to wear sunglasses?"

"I don't want to be the dick who wears sunglasses indoors." I state plainly and I don't notice his reaction until he is silent for a bit, then I start laughing. I forgot he wears sunglasses, that's actually kind of funny. Which reminds me... Foggy brought Matt's sunglasses here, so it seems like he came from a normal thing, not a vigilante thing.

"Thanks. By the way, you shouldn't let me deal the cards." He says with a small smirk and it takes me a moment.

Because he felt the numbers on the cards- goddamnit.

"Oh fuck you. I'm done. We are sitting in silence again." I throw my cards down and roll myself onto the floor, ever so graciously, "I hate myself a little bit more whenever I'm around you, I hope you realize that."

He muffles his laughter by rubbing his hand over his mouth, but a small chuckle escapes, sending a chill up my spine at how genuine it sounded, "Really? I thought you loved my company."

I roll my eyes at his sarcasm and slowly push myself off the ground, "Yeah, you are my favorite person to see pop up randomly in my home."

He places a hand dramatically over his heart, "I'm touched, saying you seem to get your fair share of unexpected visitors."

"I'm thinking about getting a welcome mat for my fire escape, you know, saying how many times you decide to just pop in."

"Really? That'll be great, it didn't exactly seem homey enough."

I stretch my back out, rolling my eyes at our combined sarcasm, "How would you know?"

He stands up and follows me to the kitchen, trailing behind me only a few steps, and I'm tempted to stop and cause him to slam into me but I don't. I won't be that annoying, plus he'll probably keep walking and just run me over.

"Does your back always crack that much?" He asks curiously and I let out a little laugh, making him give me a confused look.

"I dislocated my shoulder at least fifty times in the last five years, at this point, I have no idea what a good crack sounds like or what a bad crack sounds like." I tell him nonchalantly while reaching up into one of the cupboards for a mug.

"Yeah, I heard you dislocate it the other night, then just causally pop it back in place- that wasn't something I wanted to hear." He tells me, his face cringing slightly making me smile.