Chapter 4

Mallory's POV

After Stacey announces that lunch is done I fix my food then walk out to the barn and sit down in the hay across from Diablo's stall. I sit and eat my food and hear him munching on his as well I hear footsteps coming toward the barn and I look up when I see Nick walk in with his food as well he walks over and looks down at me "Mind if I join you?" I was a little surprised by this after our encounter the other day "Yeah go ahead." He nods then sits down next to me.

Nick's POV

While the two of us are eating I ask her questions and she talks to me we are nice to each other and she tells me about the things she did when she would visit her. One story she tells me is really good it was about her sneaking out of the house at night to spend the night here in the barn with the horses I misjudged her the other day when I asked her how she was going to run a ranch. We sit and talk longer then we both get up with our plates she walks over to the horse and pulls sugar cube out of her pocket and holds it out to him the horse takes it out of her hand and she smiles. She turns and walks out of the barn then I follow her back to the house.

Stacey's POV

I'm sitting outside on the back porch at the picnic table when I hear boots walking across the porch I turn around and see Howie walking over to me. He smiles "Can I eat with you?' I nod my head and he walks over and sits down next to me then looks out off the porch. "Nice view you have here." I smile and nod my head from the back porch you were able to see the mountains, this was one of the best views on the whole ranch.

Howie's POV

While we are talking Stacey tells me that the mountain view is one of her favorite parts of living here. She starts telling me about how she used to play with her Barbie's on the porch and the mountains were the backdrop for Barbie's dream house. I smile as the image of a young Stacey playing with dolls pops in my head I liked talking to her she was nice and fun to talk too hopefully the two of us would become friends. We finish eating then get out plates then walk back in the house I put my plate in the sink then go outside and go back to work on the fences.

Vanessa's POV

I'm sitting in the kitchen eating and enjoying the peace and quiet Stacey was outside and Mallory was in the barn with her demon horse so I wouldn't have to worry about them bothering me for a while. I look up when I hear footsteps and see Kevin standing in front of me he nods toward the chair in front of me. "Can I take a seat?" I nod "Help yourself." He pulls out the chair then sits down.

Kevin's POV

While we are eating I ask her what their grandfather was like and by the way she was talking about him you could tell how much she loved him. She describes him as a true cowboy, she tells me how much he loved their grandmother and how much he loved them and spoiled them. She tells me about his love he had for the ranch and that he was up before the sun every day to start working he gave the ranch 100 percent and finished every single project that he started. I had never met the man but I did admire him and from what I saw so far he left a few parts of himself in his granddaughters we talk longer and finish eating. I get up put both plates in the sink and give her a nod, she smiles and I go back to the tractor shed.