Chapter 64

Howie's POV

I hear knocking on the door I open it and see a woman standing there with a baby a little older than Aurora in her arms. I look at her "How can I help you?" She adjusts the baby in her arms "Howie?" I nod and she looks at me "You probably don't remember me I'm Kayla." When she tells me her name I remember everything when the guys and I were on our other job I had gotten lonely one night and I was missing Stacey a lot I went out and met Kayla then we ended up sleeping together. "I.. I remember you." I look at the baby in her arms and do the math in my head it all added up this was my baby she looks at me. "I'm not here to dump the baby on you I wanted you to know him he needs to know his father I named him James Howard Dorough. I wanted to talk about support maybe." I couldn't say anything I was shocked I didn't know what to say I take my son from her and hold him in my arms he looked just like me. I look at Kayla and see why I slept with her she was pretty long black hair, pale skin, and blue eyes my thoughts are interrupted when Stacey walks out of the house and sees the baby in my arms

 I look at Kayla and see why I slept with her she was pretty long black hair, pale skin, and blue eyes my thoughts are interrupted when Stacey walks out of the house and sees the baby in my arms

Stacey's POV

I walk out of the house and see Howie talking to a woman he turns around and looks at me he's holding a baby in his arms and I'm surprised at how much the baby looks like Howie. He looks down at the baby in his arms then he looks at me and our eyes meet "Stac this is Kayla and this is James he's my son." I'm shocked I don't know what to think I look at him "What do you mean?" He takes a deep breath then looks at me. "Kayla and I slept together while I was on the job away from here she got pregnant and this is my son." I feel my head start spinning and my heart starts pounding I think this has to be some huge joke that Howie is trying to pull on me. I look at the baby boy in Howie's arms and I see Howie's eyes looking back at me and my heart starts to break for more than one reason. Howie had cheated on me and he didn't ever tell me about it until now and second because he had a baby this woman gave him what I would never be able to.

Howie's POV

I look at Stacey and I know that she is hurting I can tell that just by looking at her and I hate that I hurt her this way. "I'm so sorry Stac I had no idea about this until now." She looks at me with tears in her eyes "Congratulations Howie you have what you wanted." I stand there motionless as she turns and goes back inside the house I had a really big decision to make. I loved Stacey more than anything I wanted us to have a future together and get married but she couldn't have a baby I look at Kayla and my son in my arms I had what I wanted she had given me a healthy son I wanted to be a huge part of his life and I wanted him to be in mine I wanted my son to know me. I didn't know what to do I was still on the porch with Kayla and James in my arms I wanted to run after Stacey. I didn't want to leave guest standing on the porch especially the mother of my son and our baby I look up and see Mallory and Nick walking toward the house maybe they could help and I would get to talk to Stacey.

Nick's POV

Mallory and I walk up to the house I see Howie standing there holding a baby talking to a woman he looks up at us. "Mal, Nick this is Kayla and my son James." As soon as the words come out of his mouth I know it won't end well I look over at Mallory and see her eyes narrow at Howie and her hands clench in tight fists. "Nick why don't you show our guests in the house?" I was a little hesitant but I could tell that Howie's baby was starting to get hungry I nod and take Kayla and the baby into the house we get in the kitchen and I offer her something to drink but she says no. I help her fix James a bottle which I end up making a mess with then I walk over and pick up Aurora and go back into the kitchen Kayla looks up at me. "Is she yours?" I nod "This is Aurora." Kayla nods "Was it an easy delivery for your wife?" "I delivered her myself in our bedroom it was snowing we couldn't make it to the hospital." I keep glancing out the door to make sure everything is okay I didn't like the look in Mallory's eyes when he told her about the baby. I look away for a few minutes at Aurora then I hear a loud noise and a lot of yelling coming from outside.

Mallory's POV

When I see Nick step away from the door I walk over to Howie and punch him in the face with the hand where my engagement ring is sitting. My punch is hard enough it knocks him back but I'm not satisfied I launch myself at him and knock him on the ground and continue my punching "How dare you cheat on my sister you pathetic son of a bitch." I feel arms go around my waist and my fingernails become claws as I turn around and leave a set of scratches across Kevin's face he lets go and I try  to get back at Howie but another pair of arms go around me and I see that it's Aaron. I know I shouldn't but I wasn't finished with Howie yet I elbow him in the stomach he lets go and I try again but the door of the house opens and Nick catches me and holds me in a tight grip that I can't get out of and he starts dragging me toward the barn while Brian helps Aaron get up then they all go in the house to clean up Howie.