14th☀

14th☀

"Are you sure you packed everything already?" asked Dad as he helped me with my two, huge luggage bags. I bought them last year because they were so cute and I couldn't resist it. 

"Yes, Dad," I answered

"Yes, Dad," I answered. I had my hand carry bag—a cute, medium-sized backpack that complimented my outfit for today. It was still early, around thirty minutes after eight and I couldn't feel any other emotions with the exception of excitement. 

"Passport? Plane ticket?" Dad asked anxiously. He made it sound like he was the one going on a trip.

"Yes," I replied, opening the front door for him. 

Dad quickly rolled my luggage bags to the back of his car. He opened up the trunk of his Kia Soul and loaded the luggage bags inside. After he was done, he made it to driver's seat and turned on the engine before buckling up and checking the mirrors. 

I was already seated in the passenger seat with my hand carry bag left in the backseat. I was excited and I couldn't control it much longer. My legs were already shaking with excitement. 

"Let's go!" Dad said as he finally drove out of our house's driveway and out into the main rode. 

"Sorry I won't be here for two weeks, Dad. Will you be able to handle being alone yourself?" I asked him as I looked out of the car's bumper to look at the traffic. Not too bad for eight in the morning. 

Dad chuckled as he kept his eyes on the road. "I'll be fine, Sarang. I've got work to do, after all. I promise I'll take care of myself, as well. I won't overwork."

I had my mouth open after hearing Dad say he had work to do. I was just about to blurt out the words that Dad had just said shortly. Shaking my head with a smile, I said, "Good."

"Now, you better take care of  yourself over there, Sarang," Dad said more seriously. "Don't get hurt and stay away from the deep side of the sea. You know you can't swim well."

"Of course, Dad." I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm not that stupid to attempt to swim in the deep end."

"And while you're there..." Dad hesitated for a moment, letting silence take over for a moment. Dad's lips started to pull into a grin as he continued, "...get me a souvenir."