Chapter one - New arrival

"Breakfast is ready!" A nurse called from down at the bottom of the stairs. "Are we actually going to breakfast this time?" Jericho asked. I pushed my glasses up then wrapped my scarf around my neck. "We have to go now and again. Only breakfast and dinner are group meals and if we don't attend one then it'll look suspicious." I replied as I left the room. Jericho followed behind me and let out a sigh. He really hates the group meals, especially since he has to see all the other's there. "Hi, Hiro - Kun." Dai greeted as he had popped out of his room. His is right across the hall from mine and Takumi's is to the right. "Good morning." I replied stopping to talk to him. The people around him are growing restless. . . It's odd that he can be so comfortable around them. It is nearly as if they aren't there. "How are you Jericho?" "Fine." He replied simply as his eyes flickered around after the other's fluttering around Dai. "Don't those bother you?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side. "You get used to them after awhile. I've been ignoring them lately and they've been getting restless. I wish I had a match like you do, Hiro - Kun." Jericho decided to move forwards then, swatting away at the people. "Get lost." He growled under his breath. "Ah, thanks." Dai said as he moved forwards so Jericho could get around him. "You're really taking your time with finding your match aren't you?" Takumi said, suddenlly appearing beside us. "It's not like I can control who comes to see me and who doesn't. Juno and Jericho were floating around here before you guys even got here." Dai snapped at the other boy. Daisuke has been here longer than us and I know he is a bit annoyed that we connected so easy with Jericho and Juno. "It's okay, Dai - Kun. I am sure you will find your match soon." Juno said as she patted his shoulder sympathetically. "Yes. It shouldn't be too long now." Jericho said thoughtfully. I scowled a little before moving to go downstairs; I feel like they are keeping something from me. "So, I heard something interesting." Takumi said quietly as we sat down in the eating hall. "Yeah?" Dai asked, seating himself beside me. Jericho and Juno stood near the table but close enough to hear us. If the nurses caught us talking to them, they would up the amount of meds we get. "There's a new nurse. That is why Eiji Hanzo was here the other night." This is interesting, it has been awhile since a newcomer has been allowed to enter the home. "A new nurse? How intriguing." Jericho commented. I poked at my toast then looked around the room cautiously. I spotted her right away in the corner of the room, speaking to another nurse. It seems like they are discussing the kids that live here, as they are looking through our charts. "Jericho - Kun, go and listen to their conversation." I said, ripping my toast in two. "What do you plan on doing?" Dai asked as he watched Jericho walk off. "Nothing in particular." "Don't blame another death on Miwa. She is already getting in a lot of trouble without you pushing more problems on her." Takumi warned. I took a sip of water then glared at the boy; it's not like I like to cause trouble for others, it seems to just happen. If people know too much about Jericho and I. . .I get very worried. "I really wish you and Jericho would come up with a better solutiion than killing. . ." Juno said quietly. Dai looked over at her and gave her a slight smile before turning back to the rest of us. "That's just how Hiro - Kun and Jerry work." he said with ease. "I told you to stop calling me that." Jericho said, returning from his little mission. I took a small bite of toast and frowned at the flavouring of jam spread. "Blueberry." I muttered as I got up from the table. "Where are you going? You barely touched your food." Dai called after me. "Not hungry." I commented back as I left the hall. Jericho followed silently behind me as I wove through the halls and into the study. "We don't have long before my check up. What did you hear?" "They were mostly talking about the kids here. Nothing much to worry about yet, but I get a weird feeling about her." I sat down at the desk and brought my knees up to my chest, thinking about what he said. There is no doubt that it is weird that they are hiring new staff when they are not even understaffed to begin with. She is relatevely young and this means that perhaps she is a student or a relative of one of the kids. Although, I have never met any relatives from any of the other kids in the home. From what I have heard none of us have any. Jericho moved and sat himself up on the desk. "What are you thinking about?" I looked up at him and relaxed my expression slightly. He always gets concerned when I think like this, it makes me slightly happy to see him worry about something. "Our next move." Just as my words were uttered a nurse walked into the room. "Hiro - Chan, the doctor is waiting upstairs for you. You will not be attending class today." I nodded and got up in a fluid motion without looking at Jericho. The nurse smiled and followed behind me as we made our way up the stairs to the third floor of the building.