Happy Endings

By awesomewriter65

Blurb

Life hits Rebecca Waters and Philip Waters in the face when their mom gets thrown in prison. With their mom in prison and their dad gone their older brother Eddie takes them in. Growing up with a drug dealing mom was hard enough, but after the arrest it was even harder being raised by their brother who was still growing up himself despite his age.

Over the years once the kids watched as their older brother grew up from a rebellious teenager to a loving husband with a stable job and a baby. One mishap; their mother is released from prison on good behaviour and is ready to fight for custody.

If that can't get any worse, Rebecca struggles with the idea of falling in love and the drama of high school. Thankfully Phil and Rebecca have their best friends to stick besides beside them. But when things start to look up, it all falls down. The twins' mom hires scheming lawyer Shane Russo to plead their case and let their mom win. As he gets close to Rebecca and her weird family, Shane soon learns that he suddenly cares for this family which makes the battle even harder. Will they be able to stick together?

Review

First off love the name Rebecca so that is automatically a big tick from me. The prologue was amazing and really captures the reader's attention. It's serious yet humorous and used good contrasting features and outlines how people can look at the same circumstances so differently. It was fantastic juxtaposition between Shane and his sister's views. One concern I have is the size of the episodes; long chapter can often put potential readers off. The content is good, but maybe it should have been broken up into smaller parts.

Recommendation

I was very happy whilst reading this book and didn't want it to end