13 Dwarves, 1 Hobbit & a Wizard

Nimmeth was up early on  her 440th birthday. Her father Lord Elrond promised she would be aloud to hunt alone today. Little did they know Gandalf would arrive with a company of dwarves and a hobbit. With orcs hunting them which Elrond and the guards took care of.

Her mother died many years ago and her sister Arwen was in Lothlorien with their grandparents. Nimmeth would have gone, but it was deemed to dangerous for the future queen. Her two older brothers were out hunting orcs and on patrol with Aragorn. A young man father took in when his mother died shortly after they arrived in Rivendell.

 A young man father took in when his mother died shortly after they arrived in Rivendell

After getting dressed in a dark blue dress doing her hair and placing her circlet on her head

After getting dressed in a dark blue dress doing her hair and placing her circlet on her head. Nimmeth left her room with her trusted companion Rhawel as her side. Rhawel has grown up into a beautiful tigress and is bonded to Nimmeth. Meaning she will not age or die of natural causes. I also have my crystal necklace on it was a gift from my mother and grandmother.

 I also have my crystal necklace on it was a gift from my mother and grandmother

As she was entering the court yard she saw Lindir greeting someone

As she was entering the court yard she saw Lindir greeting someone. When she noticed who she smiled wildly running to hug the old wizard. "Gandalf it brings me great joy to see you again" she tells him in elvish. Gandalf chuckled patting her back as Rhawel walked over. That is when she noticed the dwarves with their weapons looking at Rhawel. "She will not harm you, Rhawel stay" Nimmeth tells them/her and she sat next to Lindir.

"I wish to speak to your father Nimmeth" Gandalf tells her.

"Father is not here" she tells him and Lindir nods his head in agreement. Just as Gandalf asked where he was and when he'd returned an elf horn was blown. A group of elves on horses rode through the arch and circled the dwarves that had gone back to back with a hobbit in the middle. "Ada" Nimmeth says as Lindir holds the reins of her father's horse as he dismounted.

Elrond greeted her with a hug kissing her forehead, before greeting Gandalf. Nimmeth tuned out what they were saying as she looked at the dwarves and hobbit. She released there was thirteen dwarves all together with the hobbit. Some of them looked related and some didn't.

"Welcome Thorin so of Thrain" Elrond said turning to the dwarves looking at the one who appears to be the leader.

"I do not believe we have met" Thorin told Elrond.

"You have your grandfather's barring, I knew Thror when he ruled under the mountain" Elrond explained.

"He never mentioned you" Thorin stated. Nimmeth then remembered the stories she was told when she was younger of the Durin dwarves and want had happened to Erebor. She got excited and decided to leave with them without letting anyone know. Elrond ignored Thorin's comment turning to Lindir telling him to have food prepared for the dwarves.

"Does he offer us insult?" one of the dwarves asks as Elrond had spoken in Elvish. A language the dwarves did not understand.

"No, my father is offering you food master dwarf" Nimmeth tell him and Gandalf nods his head. The dwarves huddled together talking amongst themselves before turning back to Nimmeth.

"Then lead the way" one of them said and Nimmeth bowed her head. She lead them to the dining area while Elrond and Gandalf followed behind the company. Three dwarves introduced themselves as Balin, Fili and Kili.

"My name is Nimmeth and this is my companion Rhawel" she told them. "Can I join you on your quest?" she asks them quietly in Khuzdûl. They looked at her shocked both at her request and that she spoke their language. "I know the languages of all elvish realms, man and dwarves" she explains in common tongue.

"You would have to ask Thorin he is the leader" Balin informs her.

"He is not fond of elves" Fili tells her quietly and Kili nods his head agreeing with his older brother.

"Will then I am just going to have to prove myself to him" Nimmeth stated as they arrived the dining area where food was already waiting. "I will bring you all meat later" she tells them quietly. Lindir then offered her his arm and she took it. He lead her to the seat next to her father's and pulled it out for her. After she sat down he pushed it in and went to stand by a pillar as Rhawel lay down beside Nimmeth.

A/N

Picture of Nimmeth's dress above and of hair do & circlet in chapter. Picture of Rhawel and Nimmeth's necklace in chapter also.