Chapter Thirteen

[I wanted to post this later tonight just to make you guys wait a little longer but I really want you guys to read this and I got to excited. So here it is, Chapter Thirteen.]

The pack dynamic hadn't changed since Ian left his family home. His parents were always the first to take food, and then followed the omegas, betas, and lastly, alphas.

Within the kitchen, everyone was offered plates and silverware. All the food was set out on the kitchen counters and everyone took the food they wanted as they chatted amongst themselves.

Ian noticed his mother held two plates and once they were filled, she snuck away upstairs with both. Next to him, Ash sniffed a bowl filled with cooked carrots and turned his nose away with a face of disgust. Ash startled at the soft rumble of Ian's chuckle. The omega's plate was still empty and by now the few betas of Danielle's pack were searching for food.

Ian settled a hand on Ash's shoulder and smiled when the youth didn't tense. He helped Ash find the food he wanted with only a few more disgusted faces. They ate outside in the sunshine. His mother sat up comfortable sitting areas on the stone patio, a corner filled with colorful cushions. Ash curled up into the cushions, sun shining on his dark, luscious locks.

Ian ate until he was full and set his and Ash's plates aside. He settled into the cushions and watched Ash. It seemed odd, watching the omega sleep, but Ian soon realized he would like to wake up every morning with Ash next to him.

He was comfortable enough to close his eyes and fell into a soft slumber.

All the while, Ash noticed the Alpha was asleep and took it as an incentive to explore. Sneakily, he slid off the cushions, watching the Alpha for any sign of movement. It was a few stressful moments before he was finally clear of the cushions and free from the Alpha. He slowly, stood up, still cautiously watching Ian.

He turned, half expecting Ian to yell at him. But nothing happened, and Ash snuck away, walking into the house. It was odd to walk on two legs after crawling for such a long time.

He wobbled curiously into the house, examining it carefully. It was very clean and smelled of what Ash could only describe as home. He never had a home, but if he did, this is what it would've been like.

Ash snuck past another beta and omega silently, running toward the stairs where he saw Rory disappear earlier. His scent was strong and sweet, luring Ash to him.

As followed the sickly sweet smells until he stood in front of a plain white door that was shut, blocking Ash from his new friend.

Ian, on the other hand, woke up from his light slumber. It took him a few moments to realize that Ash wasn't next to him. He sat up in a panic, looking around frantically for the small boy. All around, his pack mates rested in the sunshine. Among them, there was no sign of Ash.

Ian quickly pushed himself to his feet and stumbled off the cushions. He hastily walked into the house. The entire inside of the house smelled sweet and Ian could quickly recognize  it as Rory's heat scent. He ran up the stairs, skipping one step at a time.

Ian located Rory's bedroom door quickly, feeling a sense of longing as he examined his childhood home. Rory's door was pushed wide open.

Ian nearly snarled in sharp anger when he saw Rory lying atop Ash, face stuck in the youth's neck. He was gyrating his hips on the younger omega, the scent of heat nearly overwhelming.

"Rory!" Ian barked, startling both the young omegas.

Rory scrambled off the other omega, his gaze avoiding Ian's seething eyes. Ash rolled off the bed and scampered over to Ian, his bony, child-like arms wrapping around one of Ian's own thick arms. Ash looked frightened, yet dazed, eyes cloudy.

Ian was shaking. Ash was his omega. Ash was his. Ian knew he should take a step back from the situation. He was getting too attached to the omega who clung to his arm, whimpering.

Ian shook his head. He couldn't even look at Rory. He slithered an arm around Ash's waist and tugged him out of the room.

They both left without saying goodbye to his parents and the rest of the pack. Ian knew he was going to regret going to the family dinner.