Chapter Sixteen

(I AM SO SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE I SUCK AT UPDATING BUT I KNOW Y'ALL LIKE THIS ONE. I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone for your comments, your ☆, and your support. I'm trying my hardest to keep this story going for you guys.)

It was dark when they left.

Ian was settled in the driver's seat of his father's beat up pick-up truck, his mother kissing his cheek through the window. Ash was buckled in the passenger seat, nervously twiddling his thumbs.

In the bed of the pickup truck, his parents put two packed bags and one separate one filled with food.

They drove out of the driveway with the headlights off and Ian was sure to be cautious, looking for anything that was suspicious.

He drove through the night and some time during the tense silence, Ash pulled his feet underneath him and leaned over the center council to rest his head on Ian's arm.

Ian smiled endearingly, his chest filled with warmth. Even though Ash was scared, he was still comforting Ian as if he were the one who needed it.

Ian took comfort in the sweet scent if his omega instead. It eased the ache within him instead. The alpha within him even calmed as well, his rut not as strong and stressful.

Ian drove throughout the night, only waking Ash up a few times by accident. Ash awoke early in the morning as Ian drove through the mountains, his fingers curled into the resting omega's soft chestnut brown locks. Ian removed his hand when Ash let out a soft noise, settling his hand on the steering wheel with his other.

"Almost there, Ash," He commented when the omega shifted in his seat. When mountains faded into rolling hills and thick forests with dew shining from the leaves of each tree, they were close.

Nestled one of the rolling hills sat his parents cabin, a newly created house for the escape from the city. Ian pulled into the smooth driveway, calmed by the soft morning sun shining on his skin.

Ash was the first to hop out of the truck, shifting from one foot to the other with a whine.

Ian realized he had to go to the bathroom and unbuckled his seat belt. He turned the truck off and opened his door. He slid out of the truck and closed the door behind him. In his hand, his keys were cold and heavy. Ian sauntered tiredly to the hand crafted front door, Ash following behind pitifully. He unlocked the front door and opened it for the omega to run in impatiently.

Ian chuckled and walked back to the truck to unpack. It didn't take long to unpack, seeing as his parents only offered him a few bags. While he brought the bags into the house, Ash sniffed around curiously, momentarily crawling to look under the couch. Ian would've laughed at how adorable it was, but Ash was on his hands and knees, hips in the air as if he was presenting. Ian needed to breathe deeply to calm himself and back away.

He was going to prove to Ash that Alphas are not the monsters that he had grown up with. To calm himself further, he walked outside and sat on the stairs leading to the front porch. He closed his eyes and smiled. Not to long ago, the house that stood on this plot of land was a simple cabin, passed down from generation to generation.

Ash followed Ian out, settling close and leaning into Ian's side. "Alpha." Ash sighed, resting his head on Ian's shoulder.

"Ian." Ian hissed, his alpha roaring within him at Ash's claim. He looked at Ash whose head shot up at the name. His warm eyes twinkled in the morning sun. Ian inhaled the fresh air, his hand moving from its tight grip on his knee to cup Ash's soft cheek.

"Eeee-in." The name rolled thickly off Ash's tongue, unfamiliar but comforting all the same.

Ian's large thumb stroked Ash's cheekbone as the omega nuzzled into his hand, soft eyelids closed happily (and trusting, Ian thought).

"You're too young," Ian rumbled sadly. "You shouldn't have to go through this. You shouldn't have to be scared."

"Ian." This time, Ian's name was easier, more familiar to Ash, but his voice as broken as his childhood.

"I promise I won't let anyone hurt you. Even me." Ian spoke once more. At this point, he was sure that Ash knew what he was saying. He hoped that he could convey his love and support to the younger omega through the timbre rumble he let out.

With the way that Ash tucked himself into Ian's side, he was sure that the omega understood.

He tiredly leaned against the omega, resting his lips on the crown of Ash's pretty head.

They watched the sun rises until Ian told Ash that he was too tired and stood. Ash led Ian inside and pulled him to the bedroom that Ian had put their items in. Ash pushed him to sit on the bed and Ian toed his shoes off. With the help of the omega, he trustingly allowed the omega to push him down into the soft sheets and lay a warm blanket over him.

It was intimate to submit to the broken omega and Ian's alpha cringed within, but he hoped it would relay his bond with Ash and how important the younger boy was to him. With the soft omega sat by his side, his eyes closed tiredly from driving through the night. He fell asleep to Ash's soft hums and dainty fingers stroking his hair.