Locked Away

Marco softly groaned as he slowly opened his eyes, only to be thrown into more darkness. When he tried to move his arms and found his wrists were shackled with clamps to the arms of the chair he was sitting in, he began struggling and shouting.
"None of that is helping you," a voice said from the darkness and Marco stopped. His mind began trying to place the voice to a person and he suddenly gasped.
"You!"
"'You?' Dear boy, have you already forgotten my name?"
Marco let out an annoyed huff. "Toffee."
"Ah! There it is! I knew you'd remember me," Toffee said as he flipped the lights on, causing Marco to flinch and make a small noise of protest at the bright light.
"W-Why am I here?" he finally asked and Toffee glanced over at the boy, a small smirk making its way onto his face.
"Bait. Star would never come here unless she knew you were in trouble and the demon boy.. Tom would never come here unless both you and Star were here. See? You're bait for Star and Star is bait for Tom," Toffee explained.
"They'd never fall for that," Marco shouted, "they're way smarter than you'll ever be you stupid lizard!"
Toffee's eyes narrowed and he stood up from his chair and began slowly walking towards Marco, making the boy begin to push his chair farther back with his unchained feet with a look of fear on his face.
"Boy, if you want to make it through the day and possibly the night, I suggest that you stay quiet," Toffee growled as he grabbed the top of the back of Marco's chair and leaned it back so that the two back legs were the only ones touching the floor. Marco's eyes widened as he looked up at Toffee and tried to control his breathing. With a tsk, Toffee released Marco's chair, sending the front legs back down to the floor. Marco let out a sigh of relief and slumped his shoulders, giving up on trying to free his hands.
Tom, don't you dare try to save me he thought and tears began welling up in his eyes as the last conversation, ahem, argument he had with Tom before he was kidnapped.

"Urgh! You are such an insensible jerk! The police could've just had a talk with him and changed his mind about what he was trying to do!"

"All right, well, if I'm such a jerk, maybe we just shouldn't be a thing!"

"Tom, that isn't-"

"Don't! It's over, Marco! We're through!"

Marco let out a small whimper as he sniffled and quickly blinked, trying to hold back his tears as best as he could.

...x...x...x...

Meanwhile back with Star and Tom, the two teens had fled from the house, making sure to not leave a single sign that showed they were there, and quickly ran to Marco's house to figure out what they were going to do about Toffee.

"The last thing I told him was that we were through, Star!" Tom shouted, his voice cracking as he became choked up while tears welled up in all three of his eyes.
"Why did I say that!?"
"It was a heat of the moment thing, you didn't mean anything, and neither did he. He was just...shocked by what you did," Star calmly said as she placed a hand on Tom's shoulder. Tom sighed and put his face in his burning hands.
"We're going to get him back and you two are going to kiss and make up like a good couple," Star declared as she cut a portal open in front of her with her scissors. When Tom didn't move, she grabbed his shirt sleeve and pulled him in through the portal behind her then threw him behind the plant they had been teleported to.
"Don't touch me! Get away! Get the fuck away from me!"

Tom's ears twitched as he heard Marco's voice from down the right hall and Star cringed from beside him when they heard the sound of skin against skin and could only come up with the conclusion that Marco had been slapped. Star went to put her hand on Tom's shoulder, but quickly pulled back when she saw the flames leaping up from and around his body.

"Tom, don't," Star hissed as Tom slowly rose to his feet, eerily calm. Star grabbed the demon's hand, the only thing on him that wasn't on fire, and held him in place.

"Don't," she repeated in a threatening voice.

"We're gonna do this, but we're doing it together."

Tom let the flames burn out and nodded his head at Star who wrapped her hand tighter around her wand and mentally planned how everything was going to go down.

"Alright, here's the plan; you cause a distraction while I sneak over to Marco and figure out how to get him out of here," Star explained and Tom nodded his head before quickly putting the plan into action, making things up in his mind as he went. While Toffee was focused on trying to get Tom down from the ceiling and putting out burning plants, Star quietly made her way over to Marco who was sitting in a chair at the far end of the room with chains on his wrists and ankles.

"Star? What are you doing here?" Marco whispered as he looked down at the blonde who was picking the locks on the chains that held him in place in the chair.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to rescue you, you big dummy," Star replied and Marco smiled as a sense of relief washed over him.

"Guys, look out!" Tom shouted as Toffee directed his attention to Star and Marco who were now standing side by side. Tom rushed forward just as Toffee did and swooped in, grabbing Star's outstretched hand and wrapping his arm around Marco waist before flying out of the room.

"Hey, I though you could only levitate," Marco said as he looked over at Tom.

"My dad though it was time I got something better than that so what do I get for my 16th birthday? I get powers I barely know how to use," Tom replied with a grin and Marco felt his heart skip a beat at the expression on the demon's face.

"T-Tom?"

"Yeah?"

"You didn't mean what you said earlier, did you?"

"No. No, I didn't."

"Good, because I didn't either."

Tom chuckled and kissed Marco's cheek. "I know."

"Hey guys, I hate to break this lovely whatever up, but there is a large lizard chasing us right now!" Star shouted and Marco looked over Tom's shoulder and sure enough, Toffee was chasing them right down the hall.