Still Trying

"Just leave me here to die," Marco groaned into his pillow.
Star sighed as she continued to gently rub Marco's back while he whimpered and groaned.
"I can't believe he said all of that. He was mean while we were together but he never said anything like that," Star said and Marco lifted his head up to loudly groan again before flopping back down.
"I'm gonna go call him and see if there's anything I can clear up." Star stood up off of the bed and Marco waved to her as she left his room, making sure to shut the door behind her. She knew the waterworks weren't dried up yet.
Marco sniffled as he used his jacket sleeve to wipe the tears that were slowly running down his cheeks. What if they never had met? What if he'd never gone the the Blood Moon Ball and got caught in the moonlight with Tom? What if Tom had gotten with someone from the Underworld? Maybe it would've been a pretty girl who could actually give him stuff like kids.
Marco whimpered as he shakily got off of his bed and walked over to his closet. He pulled it open and stood on his toes as he reached for a box on the top shelf. Just as he was about to grab it, there was the sound of a portal opening behind him. He turned around in time to see Tom stepping into his bedroom and letting out a loud scream, Marco fell back into his closet.
"W-W-What are y-you doing here?" he asked and reached for the baseball bat he kept in the very back of his closet.
Tom said nothing as he got closer and Marco had expected to see flames leaping from his body again but...there weren't any. Tom actually seemed to be calm and collected now and his eyes held something that resembled regret and sadness.
"T-Tom?" Marco squeaked out as he was pushed further back until his back hit the back of the closet.
"Marco, I'm so fucking sorry," Tom said, "everything I said and e-everything I did was uncalled for. I-If I have to, I-I'll get Brian and take a-anger management classes again. I'll do anything, M-Marco! I-I'll do anything if it means I don't have to lose you a-again."
There were actually tears in Tom's eyes now.
Marco tried to hold a whimper in, but it slipped out and before either boy knew it, they were standing in the middle of the room tightly holding onto each other.
"This bond sucks sometimes," Marco grumbled through his tears with a small smile and Tom laughed, despite the fresh tears still running down his cheeks.
"I can't argue with that," he said with a sniffle.
"I'm glad that my boys are getting along again," Star said as she walked into the bedroom. "But Tom, maybe next time you should call before popping up here and scaring Marco."
"Hey, I wasn't scared!" Marco exclaimed. "I was just...surprised!"
"Whatever you say, Diaz," Star sighed with a small smile. "Anyway, I came in here to see who wanted to go to the park."
"Sure, but there's something we need to discus. Privately," Marco replied and Star backed out of the room, giggling.
Once she was gone and the door was shut, Marco whirled away from the door and grabbed the collar of Tom's shirt and pushed him back against the wall.
"First thing on the agenda: What happened to Justin?" he asked as he narrowed his eyes at Tom.
"Got to him before the torture started and had my Dad erase his memory of what happened at his house. Oh! And I had my Mom fix his house before I took him back home."
"What about the police?"
"Marco, we're demons. The police are terrified of us and wouldn't dare to do anything to the prince of the Underworld."
"So basically, everything is cleared up?"
"Yes, everything is cleared up. Now, is there something else?"
Marco stood as tall as he could and pressed his lips against Tom's, squeaking when he was pulled closer to the warm body in front of him.
I love the dominance, babe, but next time, let me handle it.
Tom, get out of my thoughts before I get Star.
Tom chuckled as he ran his hands down Marco's sides to his hips and Marco let out a small gasp when he softly began to grind.
"H-Hey! All right, all right, I think we're done here," Marco said as he pulled back, panting.
Tom chuckled again and pushed himself off of the wall.
"Yeah, for now," he whispered in Marco's ear and ran out laughing when Marco began shouting about how much trouble Tom was going to be in once he was caught.

__________________________________________________

I still haven't forgotten about the bond! Just know that it isn't just the bond keeping them together. It does do that, but they are also together because they want to be. How I see it, if something happens, something that changes everything and they can't even stand looking at each other anymore, they can go to a 'priest' in the Underworld and he can remove the bond.