Chapter 1 (No Title) [Preview]

It was an early morning, where the sun had yet to rise beyond the ever distant horizon, on the first day of the new year. There were no birds chirping in the graying sky, nor was there the howling of the wind. This morning, like all others before it, was eerily quiet. Though the quietness of the morning was not to last.

Breaking through the silence, hidden away in an abandon shelter, far below the surface, were the doors of time capsule slowly creaking open. The capsule itself was tucked away into the farthest corner of the room.

The time capsule was a hulking piece of machinery. From the capsule itself, that was leaning up against the corner, to the various parts that were connected to it. The outside of the capsule was rusted slightly, and was covered in a few layers of dust, which masked the once beautiful metallic blue. Cobwebs decorated the top part of the capsule, tethering themselves from the crevices of the wall.

The inside however had remained impeccable. There was no dust covering the sleek blue, nor was it tainted by rust. The cushions that lined the inside of the capsule were still snowy white. Everything in the capsule had remained the same condition as when the capsule was first put to use.

To the right of the capsule was a self automated electrocardiogram (ECG) system. The ECG had disconnected from the being inside the capsule when the capsule doors had opened up. Having lost track of the being's vitals, the ECG had started to produce a loud beeping noise. Flickering a bright red as it did so. While the inside of the capsule was giving off a pale blue light that flooded through the gap left by the capsule door.

Rustling about, inside the capsule, was a teenager. A boy that couldn't have been older than seven-teen. As he stirred, in his weakening slumber, he had cause his short dirty blond hair to become disheveled. The teen was about five foot eight inches, and was wearing a mixture of clothes. From a modified "Ninja Assassin Hoodie", that hide the slim fit tee shirt that was just underneath, to the tripp pants that were tucked in the sleek steam-punk boots that he wore.

The hoodie was a unique one, though it was a hoodie by name only, for it resemble that of a trench coat than anything else. The "hoodie" was well designed, sporting a nice mix of red and black. With it being primarily black, with red spashed onto it accordingly. Which resulted in the coat tails, parts of the chest, the cuffs, and a small part of the hood in being red.

############################################################################################################################################

*To give you a better idea as to how the hoodie is coloured, look at this image ---> http://throwingmoneyatthescreen.com/shared_images/products/Assassins-Creed-III-Connor-Kenway-Coat-Jacket-Hoodie-Cosplay-Costume.jpg <--- Also note that this is mostly how the hoodie, that he is wearing, looks like. There is also the addition of another piece. Though that will be mention just after this small bit from me. I'll also be posting the links for what the other various clothes he is wearing. Maybe...?

############################################################################################################################################

The "hoodie" also sported an additional piece. It was simply referred to as the "shinobi," were this piece was meant to cover up the lower half of the wearers face. This additional piece is partially hidden, as it rests with in the hood of the "hoodie." This particular design was meant to be a homage to both the "Assassin's Creed" and "The Shinobi Way." Aside from that, there were quite a few other modifications that were put in as well. Though they were mostly small additions here or there. Like the "assassin's zipper," and the "monkey thumbs."

While the ECG continued to produce the loud beeping noise, a sort of static like noise started to join in. It was a faded recording that was being played from a machine that was connected to the capsule. As the seconds passed on, the recording had become more clear and crisp, becoming that of a female's voice. One that was full of sorrow. Though time had ruined most of the recording, rendering only a few of the words to be understandable.

"...I'm....sorry... Roark... couldn't keep...promise..."

The recording paused for what seemed to be a few minutes, and during this time Roark had fully woken up.....