1000's of stories, 1 life

Hey you...yes you there. No don't look next to you at the little fairy sitting on your shoulder. You looked didn't you? Got you! I'm just messing around with you. I do mean you though. Guess what. I've lived hundreds of lives and I'm sixteen. 

You are probably questioning my sanity right now but I am being dead serious. I don't believe in reincarnation if that is what you think I'm hinting at. I am being the ultimate level of serious right now. 

I have been a princess locked in a tower, fallen in love with a prince who can't even remember my face and goes by my shoe size to know it was I who danced with him at a ball, I've befriended the fae of Ireland and ran for my life from pookas and a cat-sidhe'. I met the kindest military captain and most charismatic prince as well as the assassin-turned-king's champion that they both fell in love with. I was thrown into the turbulent time of the Shinsengumi and also became a princess elect, chosen to be the next ruler of my country. I time-traveled into the future and met a cyborg, learned about a civilisation on the moon with the ability to control my mind and body and feared a dictator-like queen who thought she was adored by all.

At this point, you are either incredibly confused and wandering if I really am sane, starting to piece together my reasoning or are still thinking of that fairy who has now perched itself on your head. You just tried to make sure again didn't you? 

If you haven't understood I might as well explain my antics to you before you burn out your brain. In the sixteen years of my life I have read hundreds of books and through each book I have lived hundreds of lives. Every story has taken me to a different world where I have met people I never would have met in my daily life. I've learnt valuable lessons and felt emotions that I have never felt before. Reading is a way to live through many situations that you could only dream of. It is a way of being the person you have always wished to be, kind of like when you were a little child and you ran around in superhero cape fashioned from your mother's favourite tablecloth or sheets.

I have lived hundreds of lives and they have helped me to live my own life. I may not be part of one the best guilds in all of Earthland or be in love with a boy who is nearly twice my height...which is pretty easy to beat, but life is pretty darn good if I have a book in my hand and a little fairy friend on my shoulder and can still believe in that little sliver of hope in the world.