The Bloodied Candies Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Vicious Love

"You've imprinted with him..."

As soon as she said it, I knew it was true. The reason why I saw him differently was because it was no longer rage that filled my vision at even the thought of him; it was lust. The shame, the shock, all my emotions filtered through me. It was said that imprints were completely uncontrollable, but the only way it could be broken was if the partner had sex with someone else. I wondered if he felt the same way. It was weird; it was almost as if I could feel his heart beating beside mine. It was almost as if he moved inside my soul and enlightened my life. I breathed in deeply trying to calm myself when the telephone rang startling both of us, but when I answered it was only a store trying to get us to by something. Getting a sudden thought, I ran to my phone and texted the number Alexander Oxenberry had given me.

"Hey, text me back ASAP!" I typed in then hit the send button.

Almost seconds later my phone played a cheesy tune. "Hey do you feel strange @ . @?"

"Yes! I do!" I replied. "Is it like a 2nd heartbeat?"

"Yes, we r imprinted." he stated simply.

"So what do we do about it?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Diffuse this bad blood between us and become closer, mon amour," he replied.

After that convo, he wouldn't reply to me at all so I gave up and fell back on my bed next to Annabella. We were both embracing the silence and we stayed that way until we fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, I had a new text message it read: "Meet me at Bloody Cups at 5." It was short, simple, and demanding. I wasn't even allowed to argue. So I threw on my favorite pair of jeans, slapped on some dazzling makeup, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair to make my eyes seem more intense, and, after writing a note for Annabella, I was out the door. Our first "date" and I was already late. My phone started to buzz irritably in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" hissed an anxious voice.

"On my way," I replied warily knowing it was Alexander.

The coffee shop was washed out with the very thing I was trained to kill, vampires. They snarled at each other softly or cheesed in the other's face. The only one that wasn't doing that was Alexander. I scooted in next to him, surprisingly feeling safe and at home by his side.

He turned his cool familiar golden eyes on me. They were soft as a teddy bear with a hint of something deeper boiling behind those melting irises. For a while we sat in silence, staring into each other's eyes. He was the first to look away, the first to move, the first to breathe. He grabbed his coffee and led me out of the joint to a dark back alley where he cornered me. Before I knew what happened, he kissed me. It became a deepening passionate kiss in seconds, our lips moving together as one. When he bit down on my lip, drawing blood, it pushed us towards ecstasy. We were floating above that fallible world we had lived in. His tongue teased mine and I felt our bodies connect. A forbidden romance. Eww, I could just puke at the cliché story line of my life. Finally, we disconnected, both breathing hard and paralyzed to where we stood inches from the other.

"I hate you, you killed my family!" I blurted. "You stole my innocence, you stole my soul, and now you've stolen my heart."

His eyes plainly showed hurt as he understood and digested what I was suddenly throwing at him. Part of me cursed myself for ending our romantic interlude, but another part of me found satisfaction in his pain-filled eyes. I gave him a half smirk then wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, unable to keep my lips from his.

This kiss wasn't nearly as deep or as passionate since we were both focused on what I had just said. When I opened my eyes again, I saw that his eyes were contemplating and deeply sorrowful. We broke from the kiss, still a little breathless from the first one.

"I didn't do it," he stated firmly.

"Huh? Didn't do what?" I asked dreamily.

"I didn't kill your family, that wasn't me," he replied still just as firm.

My mouth formed a shocked "o", but it wasn't until I came back down to Earth did I digest what he had just said. My shock was quickly turning over to disbelief when I turned and saw a dark figure standing in the alley watching us. When he turned to the side, I immediately recognized him. I fainted. It was my father....