The Bloodied Candies- Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Trapped

Alexander reread the note while her father slumped onto the stripped mattress. He was going to give up that easily. Folding the note gingerly, he put it in his pocket and was striding away when he heard a loud dispute drifting from down the hall. Cautiously he approached the corner then peeked over the side as if monitoring his next victim.

"Don't do it!" the girl vampire screeched. "If you do then, I hope you die."

"Just like Derek and Rebecca?!" he bellowed.

"Yesss," she hissed. "Just like them, you will disobey command and die dishonorably. Scum like you doesn't deserve to be called vampires."

At her words he struck her and turned away. That's when Alexander noticed that it was the same vampire who had tried to kiss his lover. Immediately Alexander decided to follow the creep, but had to check on the girl first who sat glaring at the receding back on the floor. As he approached, she defiantly got up and walked away leaving him to wallow in desperate confusion...

As we entered the new state, we became instantly wary, our arms fluttering around our stakes. We checked into our hotel, relaxing on elegant beds and watching high quality T.V., but I was still not satisfied. That evening I watched the sun disappear below the horizon wondering if the man that I had imprinted with was laying eyes on the same vista. Again, puke at the whirlwind romance. I sighed as I turned away because I knew that the bond we shared wouldn't go away that easily.

Tonight was the night. We put on our hunting attire, carefully chose our weapons, and headed out the door. On our first try we got a major hit. It seemed as if the vampires were planning something in an abandoned warehouse. We each peered in a window, shrouding ourselves in shadow, and listened to the conversation.

"...because soon Darkrai will be coming, with darkness by his side. There shall be a great feast to celebrate his presence; tables filled with only the youngest and purest of blood. We will astonish him with our best prisoners, wash him with our clearest water, and clothe him in the finest of cloaks so that when he takes his bride which will be among the finest of our women, he will keep us forever in his favor.

"Tonight we shall dine like beggars, taking merely enough to quiet the pang, but alas, when the night cloaked in shadow reaches into its depths to pull out the glistening Dagger of Blood, we shall dine like kings! My fellow people, we are merely servants to a greater evil! But soon we will be able to overthrow this darkness with our outstanding numbers and we will rule and guffaw as he falls to his knees before us!" the leader announced pumping his fist into the air.

After his riveting speech, the crowd cheered, clapping each other on the back in enthusiasm. I became angry at their plans. I didn't know who this Darkrai was or why he was coming, but I knew that nothing good could result from it. Crawling swiftly, but quietly, I made my way to my sister. She pulled me by the ear and whispered that we were in grave danger and had to leave immediately. Before we could stand up to go though, strong hands grasped us in a vise-like grip. We both struggled for our stakes, but our efforts were useless. We were led into the warehouse and thrown in front of the leader.

"Ah, more slaves," he said then with more speculation added, "but these will be added to our finest of women."

Angrily we struggled again as we were separated from our friends who were left to hear their sentences. We were thrown into a barred cell surrounded by thick, sturdy walls. Flinging Annabella behind me, I faced the guard who still stood very present in the room and promptly gave him a hard kick to the gut. He grunted in pain then I drove my stake into his heart, but it was without use sense he possessed no key. There was no way out and no one else knew that we were there. I tried to cry out through the bond, but I wasn't sure if my plaintive cry could be heard or not and meanwhile an evil being was coming for his feast and his slaves...