Chapter Eight

Jack's point of view

I couldn't control my tears.

I'm glad she doesn't know how I feel right now.

She doesn't understand.

I thought I lost her. I thought she was gone.

"I can't be around you anymore," I said looking to the floor. But when I raised my head and saw her, she looked like I had just stabbed her in the heart. "I hurt you. I almost lost you. I can't risk you getting hurt again," I hurried to explain. Then turned around and headed for the balcony. I heard her footsteps behind me.

"What? You have no right to treat me like I'm a child. I can't believe you have the nerve to say that."

She screamed and I just looked at her. I can't believe her. She has no idea what I'm feeling right now.

No idea.

I almost killed the love of my life, and she doesn't even know that I love her.

"Jack," she said as her face softened. "You brought me back, you're the reason I'm here." She said as she laid her hand on my cheek.

She's so perfect. She's so amazing... What are you thinking Jack?

You can't give her what she needs. She needs someone who can grow old with her. Love her. I can't give her that.

I ripped her hand away from my face, I turned around and flew away.

Away from the pain.

Away from the torture.

Away from the temptation.

Away from her.

I wish she knew.

I wish she understood.

I wish it would stop.

I wish my heart didn't beat so fast when she's around.

I wish her touch didn't set my skin on fire.

I wish her hands didn't fit so perfectly into mine.

I wish I didn't yearn for her smile, laugh, touch.

And... I wish I didn't want her lips as much as I do.

I wish I didn't love her more than air itself.

I wish my entire world didn't revolve around her.

When I thought I had lost her, the pain I felt. Those were the slowest, five minutes that I've ever lived through.

She was so still.

She looked so peaceful. I sat there by her bed begging her to wake up.

Begging her to be alive.

And for a split second I imagined the world without her.

It would be so lonely. It would be so... Cold.

Then I called her one last time, "Elsa." When she woke up, and I heard her perfect lips say my name. I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I couldn't believe that I tried to imagine the world without her.

The truth is if she dies I would do anything. Anything. So I could join her.