2. The Appetiser and Loose End

It's torture, I can barely watch,

the young is naive,

adolescence embraces ignorance like a mothers touch,

youth is overrated.

❧________________________________☙

When i stepped into high school, i didn't expect for life to completely fall into my lap. I didn't care as long I'm the first one to get out.

As long as I survive the inferno than its okay. As long as I get the dessert at the end, then others can grovel for just the appetiser.

"Would you say your someone who feeds off of other people's dispair?" She pushed her glasses further up her nose. Her auburn hair is in a sleek ponytail.

"No as long as i survive, that its okay."

___

"what?" I bite out. He's the boss Benji, be cool.

His boss sat directly opposite him in a red leather chair. His desk was ruined by all the scratches and dents but was hidden by the scatters of paper. There are some things that irk me and thats un organization.

"Ben, if you had done your job properly and checked every suspect you would know about this loose end." Donatello shook his head at me. he cracked his knuckles before standing up and walking to his file cabinet. he pulled open the draw and pulled out a thin file. he slid the file over the desk to me and tapped his finger impatiently.

I'm getting to it you old fucker

i open the file and the first i see is a female face staring back at me. Her auburn was hanging in a sleek low pony tail. She didn't smile in the photo, instead she looked kind of prudish. I briefly look into the words on the next page.

Sydney Woodrow

26

American

family members live in Australia

HIT

_________________________________________

In big, bold ,red letters, the word was written at the end of the report. I tucked the other loose papers within the folder and looked up. Donatello looked away in thought.

"Why not get one of your HIT guys to take her out?" I asked him, curious as to why i have to get my hands dirty on such a mediocre HIT case.

"Benji, you know this organization runs on secrecy, silence is key my boy." he looked me in the eyes. Don't piss me off old man.

"I can't have this puttana running around with our information acting like she's the key to bring us down." I sighed as i listened.

"Where's the fucker who told her? how the fuck does she know in the first place." i sighed as leaned back in my wooden chair.

"Marcus is dead and who do you think he told right before his dearly missed departure huh." i picked up the file and waved it slightly. The boss nodded. "Si, the physiatrist , hell she's not even one, she's an apprentice of one." he banged his fist into the table causing a bigger dent to form.

"How much?" i didn't have to add any further, he knew what i was talking about.

"Thats what i would like to know and for you to find out." he waved his hand at me dismissily. "Figure it out Benji, its time i put you to good work."

Good work my ass.

I walked on the red carpet leading to the large glass doors and stopped just before i turned the handle.

"Oh and benji, try not to cause too much trouble. Can't have the whole town figuring out were the bad guys." Donatello smirked as started to write something down on papers.

I walked down the hall and upstairs to my room. I opened the door and locked it behind me. I welcomed my bed. I sighed as i played down, I flipped through the file once more and made sure I memorised her face. Whatever Marcus told her was probably something really bad for the mafioso to be after her.

If it was any other guy after her, she might have had a better chance but not now... ohhh not now baby.

I'm coming after you.

Benji its time you took a little visit to the shrink, you know to discuss your nightmares, feelings and all that other girly shit.

❧________________________________☙

updated

ignore the uncapitalization