8. Valentine Special 14th

___

___

Today was valentines.

Oh yes, that great time of the year where love is all around.

The special February 14th.

Blush blush.

And yet...

I still have a shrink appointment.

I mean not that I'm complaining, I didn't really have any plans other than filling hydrochloric acid into a coffin and burying it twenty meters deep. But I guess a lot of people out there don't have many plans.

My oh so special shrink doesn't have any plans either as it seems as we settled on a 5:30 o clock appointment time.

Right now, I'm currently waiting for the clock to count down to that very time.

Right now, I'm in my boxer shorts sitting on my plush couch watching a Disney movie.

Right now is the time 5 o clock.

Now now, I know what you're thinking... this guy of all people wears boxers and not briefs!

I'm just fucking around, I know the real question. Why the hell am I sitting here watching Disney movies. Well to answer that question we need to rewind my day to 12 o clock on Valentine's Day.

___

"Uhhh Moretz, I'm looking at the surveillance right now." I speak calmly on the phone, "yes, yes I see you right now dumbass." I say while looking at my laptop.

"Mortez stop fucking waving at the camera and the goddamn money." I swear as I see this guy starting to wave at the camera. Trust me when I Sa this, but some people need to get themselves in check and I'm not one to say shit like that either without some heavy meaning behind it.

"What do you mean where?" I questions. Wasn't he briefed before going in.

"Yes, its in the safe behind the book case idiot," I might as well help to get the job done faster.

"Now you know what do from here on I hope," I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose, "Fucking hell! Yes! Just do it" I yelled one final time before the ending the call.

Today was not the day for me to fucked with.

I bring my cup of strong black tea to mouth and take a small sip. I'm not about that coffee life you know, it just doesn't taste that good. I swirled my chair to the side and stared out the window. A blue bird flew by and sat on a branch just out my window on an jacaranda tree. In the corner of my eye from the laptop screen, I see Moretz fiddling with a brown block. I take another sip of the tea and watch this bird. It's small, perhaps young? Again, I see Moretz quickly move to the other side of the room before an explosion goes off. I swirl my chair back around to see what's happening.

Finally, he has the fucking money. There are debris everywhere, the floor is a mess and the safe was open. Well, what I could see the black and white footage.

So this job is done thank God.

I close my laptop and turn back to the bird.

It was gone.

You would think that mafia members get a day of on this special occasion. Go home for once and make the wives happy, maybe kick a ball around with your kid or teach your kid how to throw a punch. Ya'kno, the real homey stuff. But no. Holidays like this we are all still workin'. Expect on good hope day, then we actually do get a lil vacay. Don't mess with Good Friday.

From my side view I see my phone light up as someone calls me. A big red block shows up on my phone as I read the caller ID, "The boss". And naturally I answer that shit right away.

"Benji, your free for today. I don't have nothing for you now. Vincent's taking over your.. cases."

He carefully speaks. I was a little stunned becuase now usually I'd be worked to the bone with this guy and he's giving me some ... slack?

"... Okay boss." I swirl in my shitty chair, "why Vincent, the guys soft." I mean if someone was gonna take over my cases then he can't be pussy cat when it comes to the real hardcore shit.

"We're callin' it a teaching experience."

"Sure thing boss, I'll do some recon then."

"Benji, its Valentine's Day for god sake. Go do something with someone. Get a girl and have fun or get two girls!"

Fucking bastard.

"Yeah I'll think about it," I grimaced.

"See ya, oh and by the way... happy valentines benji boy." The phone call ends.

I throw my phone against the bed and watch it bounce off.

Fuck.

__

So here I am, sitting in this fucking chair watching the fucking lion king. Don't get me wrong it's a hell of a movie. Contains just the right amount of hero moments and tragic ones. The perfect combination of life's harsh realities which is weird considering this movie is about talking lions.

I didn't get the two girls that the boss offered me to go do. I expected every man from all across probably occupied a girls shift becuase he wasn't getting any at home. Not that I even want to fool around right now. Something about a child's father being brutuslly killed off and him running away doesn't exactly put me in the mood.

I'm confused myself. I turned down sex? For the fucking lion king? Okay you know what, I don't regret. This movie is good. I'd miss some ass in order to watch it. But something tells me it's not the movie that makes me have seconds thoughts about getting myself laid.

And her name rhymes with 'kill me'.

God damn you Sydney.

I check my watch, 5:10.

Probably should get up and go to my very... very.. very important shrink apppointment.

But there's twenty minutes left of the movie.

....

Maybe just a while longer.

After all it's Valentine's Day.

_______

Lol this was supposed to be posted on valentines 2018. I'm a lil late I guess?