Chapter 6

My last prewritten chapter

~~

I skipped down the hallway, where I saw Frank and his friends.

"Hi, Frankie!" I chirped.

He glanced at me, giving me a short nod as he talked into his phone. Frank turned his back and my lip quivered. Ray rubbed my back and smiled.

"Don't take it personally," he said. "He's just talking to his really annoying cousin. He always puts Frank in a bad mood."

I nodded my head, hugging Dee close. Frank hung up the phone and turned, a smile forming on his face as he looked at me. The others walked away, leaving us alone.

"Good morning, Gee," he said. "Pretty dress."

I smiled wide, looking down at my most favorite dress I had worn just for him. I held out my phone proudly.

"Look what I got!" I exclaimed.

He smiled, taking it from my hand. He put something in and I looked and saw the contacts app. I frowned when I didn't see Frank's name. There was Mikey, Dad, and Daddy. I blushed when I realized he was Daddy.

"Now, let me walk you to class," he said.

"Can I put my name into your phone?" I asked.

He nodded, putting in a new contact. I typed in 'GeeBear' and I handed it back.

"adorable," he said.

He walked me to my class and I smiled. I held Dee in my one hand as I smiled.

"Can I go over to your house again after school?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course," he said.

I smiled, reaching over to hold his hand. We walked to my class and I scowled at it.

"I don't wanna go, it's too hard," I pouted.

"I know it is but you have to, sweetheart," he said.

I sighed, giving him a hug. I walked into the classroom and sat across the desk from Mr. McDonald.

A few hours later I hurried to the art room and smiled when I saw Frank sitting our big desk at the back. I grabbed my paper from the drawer and sat beside him.

"Hey, Gee, how was class?" He asked.

"It was okay," I replied. "Mr. McDonald teached me about tectonic plates."

Frank laughed softly. "It's taught, sweetheart."

"What?" I asked

"He taught you about tectonic plates, not teached you," he corrected.

"Oh," I mumbled. "I'm not so good with the English and stuff."

"Oh, that's okay, you'll learn," he said.

I smiled and nodded my head. I looked over at his drawing and it was really good! We were supposed to be drawing someone important to us.

"Who's that, Frankie?" I asked.

"This is my grandpa," he said.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Frank," he said. "Well, Frank I."

"You're Frank II?" I asked.

"Well, Frank III technically but I just got junior instead," he told me.

I smiled happily. "That's interesting. I'm just Gerard. No one else has that name. I just go by Gee, it's shorter and cuter."

"It fits you, short and cute," Frank said.