Chapter 6 ~ Together in the dark?

"THE HELL!?" I cried out loud, throwing away the pillow. "How dare you do that?" I shouted at her who was standing infront of me with an empty jug in her hand. Obviously, it was empty because all of the liquid was now on my face. "Get up and get out of here." She said, crossing her arms. "What even? Both of us have to go to the college, right? And also, we're partners. Like, for the project. So, keeping that in mind, shouldn't we leave together? Our destination and journey, both are same so why not walk together?" I questioned raising by brows to which she sarcastically smiled and walked out of the room saying, "I want you out of here within 20 minutes."

Argh! I stabbed my feet onto the floor angrily, mentally yelling at her for always ordering me no matter how nicely I tried to talk to her.

----------------------------

STOP! STOP! STOP!

My eye literally jumped out of it's socket seeing those policemen infront of my car, ordering me to stop the car immediately. I hit the brake of my car and the car drifted. Oh damn, what the hell is happening here!? My heart was thumping faster than usual seeing those hundreds of policemen and those injured men, women and children. "What's wrong? What is happening here?" I questioned.

"Turn the car and go to back to your house. It's a war zone and the government has announced curfew. Don't risk your life, just leave!" One of the policemen told me and hearing that, I turned pale. I turned the car and to my surprise, the road back to the orphanage was blocked. Damn! I cursed, hiting the steering weel angrily. I was stuck. Badly stuck! The way to the college and even the orphange, was blocked and I had no way out of this dangerous situation. Just when I was trying to figure out something out of this situation, I suddenly remembered something. Nandini! And that is when it hit me hard, She was also about to leave for the college and I'm so sure she must've left by now. Oh God! I took out my cellphone from my pocket and dialled her number but then I saw that there were no signals. Okay let me just accept the fact that Yes, I was kind of worried for her. I told her to come with me but no, why would she listen? I took a deep breath and I was sweating out of fear. I was thinking hard as to how to reach her. I had no idea about where exactly she was but one thing was clear, she must be on the route to the college but the road was blocked so it was impossible for me to reach her in car so then, keeping a rock on my heart, I decided to leave my car behind and search for her. I knew that I won't be getting my car back but this was important. I got out of the car and headed towards the college, carefully. This girl. Argh! And why the hell am I even bothered? She doesn't even talk to me nicely then why am I so concerned about her well being? Actually Manik, You should just let go. Yeah..Just leave her. Don't risk your life. Yeah, don't. Saying this, I turned to go back to my car but there was something about her which attracted me towards her. As I already said, She was worth a curiosity trip and thus, my heart protested. Nevermind, this will be the last time. The last time I'll help her. I changed my mind and resumed my mission to search her.

-------------------------

I looked at my watch to see the time and that's when I realized that it's been two hours. Two hours since I'm searching her. Where the hell She can possibly go? The road I was walking on was desolate which was enough to tell me that the condition of the city is very dangerous and alarming. "Nandini!" I cried out loud, so that she hears me but all my efforts went invain. "D-o'n't..Pl-ea-s-e don't k-i-ll me." I heard a broken voice coming out from the back of the bushes. "Don't kill me. I beg you..No..Please." I immediately ran towards the bushes and there I saw her. She was sitting on the ground in a broken state, holding her legs and was continuously crying. "Nandini? Nandini..Hey, look at me." I said, trying to calm her down and the very next second, she embraced me in a bone crashing hug. "They will..They will kill me. Yes, they're coming..They will finish me." She was shivering out of fear and the redness of her face told me that she was not in a state to understand anything. She was scared to death and I just couldn't figure out why. "No one will kill you. See, look here, look at me, I'm here right? Nothing will happen. Calm down and Relax. Everything's fine." I said as I took out the water bottle from my bag and gave it to her. She was finally better than before and Thank God, She was normal now. "You okay?" I asked, looking into her eye and she just nodded her head in a yes. I extended my hand so that she gets up and Surprisingly, this time, She held my hand. In that particular moment, I really wanted to ask her about what wrong happened which made her panic so much but then, I knew this was not the right time and keeping her nature and attitude in mind, She would feel embarrassed. This girl was really making me curious and confused. First, I saw her crying at the roof top thinking about her Mom. Second, She's scared of the dark and emptiness and third, death does scare her alot.