Persistent

*Lunch*

I calmed down considerably after that episode. Mo kept passing me notes in crumpled balls. Normally, I would've answered them, but today, I let them fall to the floor after hitting me. I didn't feel like talking.

"Rhea! What was that all about?" Mo prodded. She was such a gossip girl, listening to everything people said. Needless to say, she talked too much.

"Mo, wait, let's find Kay and sit down first. We still have a lot of time!" I sighed, plucking an apple out of the basket. Like most schools, cafeteria food was terrible, but I didn't have a choice. After we paid, we glanced around the cafeteria for Kay.

"There! At our table! Come ooon!" Mo dragged me by my arm, causing me to almost drop my lunch. I pulled away from her and followed her to our table, where Kay was sitting. As we sat down, Kay, my other best friend, hardly looked up from her phone. She was probably texting her boyfriend...Again.

"Okay, now tell me, what was that about? Why were you late? And why did Logan have your pass?" She couldn't sit still, grinning like a maniac and wriggling around in her seat. Sighing, I set my plate down and began to explain.

"I was late because somebody kept me up all of last night." I glared at her pointedly, to which she just shrugged.

"You could've just put the phone down!" 

"Whatever. Anyway, I went to the office to get a pass..." I droned on, picking at my lunch. Mo and Kay, who had put her phone down, listened, enraptured.

"Miss. Nerdy has detention?" Alec placed his tray down beside Kay. "Ooooh."

"It wasn't my fault!" 

"Yeah, whatever you say kitty." He called me kitty because I used to have this weird obsession with cats when I was younger. "Anyway, do you want to want to go somewhere after school today? There's this new coffee shop that opened near my house. I wanna check it out." Alec was addicted to coffee, while I hated it.

"Sorry, I have to work at that stupid nursery." Kay replied. She loved kids, but despised the woman who ran it.

"Ditto." Mo shifted in her seat. "I uh...have to help my sister with the wedding." I glanced at her suspiciously. We were both terrible liars, and it was obvious she was hiding something, but I let it pass.

"I can come, just meet me by your car after school." Alex nodded at my reply, and we resumed eating.

After lunch, we headed  to homeroom. Please God, don't let Logan be in my class. None of my friends were in my homeroom, so they couldn't tease me if he turned out to be in it, thankfully. Walking down the hallway, I spotted Logan heading the same way I was. Gulp. This was the end of the hall. Which meant we had the same homeroom. With my luck, he'd harass me, and the teacher wouldn't stop it. All Mrs. Carter did was sleep... and snore. 

As we neared the door, Logan caught sight of me and his lips pulled up into a breathtaking smile. Heat began to creep up my cheeks. As I averted my eyes and clenched my jaw, he pulled open the door for me.

"After you" He said, sweeping his left hand into a 'go ahead' gesture. My eyes widened as I stepped through the door. Why was he being so nice? 

"Sweetheart." He added slyly as an afterthought. He was back. Eurgh. I decided to ignore him, my head held high. I think I held it too high. 

"Crash!" My foot was entangled in one of the desk legs, and my books spilled. Why oh why did I have to fall every time he was here? My cheeks flamed up even more, causing him and the class to erupt in roars of laughter, which then prompted Mrs. Carter to awaken.

"Class! Quiet down! Sit in your seat!" She yelled, shocking all of us. She never yelled. "Miss. Rhea, what are you doing down there? Get up and sit down. That is not ladylike!" What. The. Hell.

"Looks like someone's PMSing." I muttered under my breath. Unfortunately, it came out a little bit louder than I expected.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." What? Why did I say that? I quickly clapped my hand over my mouth to prevent anything else from coming out. Logan looked like he was about the burst out laughing, but he didn't. Mrs. Carter's face turned red. Like, lobster red.

"THAT'S IT FOR YOU YOUNG LADY! DETENTION!" The class couldn't hold it in any longer and let out their laughter, once again. Mrs. Carter left the room and I was still stranded on the floor, my legs sprawled out.

"Here. Let me help you." Logan's face came into my line of vision, his arms outstretched for me to grab on. My pride hurt, I ignored his hand and picked myself up. Then, I dusted off my pants and began to pick up my books.

"Here you go Rhea." Mark Allen, a jock, picked up my Lit. textbook and handed it to me with a smile. I smiled back at him before standing and heading over to my desk. During that time, Logan's hand had fell back to his side and he had a strange look on his face. Frowning at him, I opened my favorite book, 'The Fault In Our Stars' and began to read it. By that time, the class's laughter had died down and they'd resumed chatting. Logan swiftly walked over to an empty desk beside me and sat. He began drumming his pencil on his desk. I sighed, that sound was irritating.

"Could you please stop that? It's getting annoying." I asked, a bit gruffly. He glanced at me for a moment, then resumed tapping. "I said, could you please stop that?"

"Stop what, sweetheart?"

"Don't call me that!" He resumed tapping. "I'm going to ask you ONE last time. Could you please stop it?" My patience was wearing thin... Not that I'd had much to begin with.

"What if I don't, sweetheart?" Suddenly, I saw red. I jumped out of my seat, grabbed his stupid pencil out of his hand and clutching both ends, proceeded to break it over my knee. I dropped both ends on his desk and sat down, satisfied. Then, I opened my book and continue reading. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him frozen in shock. Then, do you know what he did? He pulled out a PEN from his pocket and started to tap it all over again.

Slowly swiveling my head towards him, I clenched my fingers in my palm, making tiny crescent shaped imprints in it. He turned to look at me and looked at me as if to say, 'come at me bro.' Suddenly, I smirked, dropped my book, and stood up. His eyes widened in surprise. Rising up, I leamed closer to him, bringing my face incredibly close to his. His breathing stuttered and his eyes widened even more. This was the only time I'd ever saw him this... nervous. Suddenly, I ripped the pen out of his hand and flung it with all my strength across the room. It hit the wall with a resounding 'thud' and fell into the plastic trash can. His jaw dropped open and I sat back down with a smirk. After I sat down, I looked around the room and glared at each student, causing them to turn back and keep talking. 

I couldn't blame them- I was usually the quiet girl, steering clear of most of the populars, with my own bunch of friends. Oh dear. Speaking of my friends, they'd probably hear of this soon. I couldn't wait! *Note the sarcasm*

After a minute, I felt a pair of eyes on me. Glancing around, I saw that it was Logan. He was staring at me intently. Furrowing my brow, I looked back to my book. As far a I could see, he was still staring at me. It was kind of jarring, sending tingles down my spine. Weird, right? 

This chapter's kind of short, but I upload frequently. What do you think so far? PM or comment me for anything you'd like to say!

Vote and Comment please!