CHAPTER TWELVE

"NEWT-"

"NEWT-"

"I- HI."

THEY stared at each other curiously, realizing how much has changed. Newt got taller to Celeste, not to mention that nothing really changed to her. Just his hair wasn't as curly and was a bit shorter. Celeste was just as beautiful to Newt. He didn't notice anything different other than how she seemed happier.

"I can't believe you're here. Oh my- was Queenie in on this? Oh, I'm going to-" Celeste realized she was rambling and then felt her cheeks redden, hiding her face with her hands.

"She knew, so did Tina." Newt chuckled, softly bringing her hands away from her face and hands her the white rose. "It was my idea to surprise you, even though I wanted to show up earlier, Queenie insisted it would be better to show up on your birthday."

Celeste smiled softly and carefully took the rose from Newt, her hazel eyes look up at him. "Quite the Christmas present if you ask me."

"You're the one who was born on Christmas Eve, Celeste." Newt grinned as she smelt the white rose, a soft smile falling onto her lips.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" Celeste asked, seeing that the restaurant was getting packed and packed by the minute.

"Uh, sure. Where to?" Newt slips on his classic blue coat on as Celeste puts her mauve princess coat over her body.

"It's a secret." She winks at him and then takes his hand, walking out of the restaurant.

¤ ¤ ¤

They ended up in Central Park and Celeste was able to steal some skates for them to use on the ice rank.

"Are you sure you're dressed for this?" Newt questions as he gets his skates on.

"Do you want me to change?" Celeste asks playfully as she rests her hands on her hips.

"I-I, uh-" Newt's eyes darting over her body quickly before looking at the ground and his face slowly turning crimson, embarrassed to answer.