Chapter 8

okay so, sorry i took a tiny internet break school has been breaking my back
and i can't guarantee activeness for the next two weeks bc we have finals and dead week
but its a three day weekend and im gonna try to type as much as i can so that i can still update then
k thanks 

_________________________

They had kissed.

Gerard and Frank, had kissed. And Frank could hardly process this information as he lay back in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. After they had gotten home he had told Mikey he didn't feel well and had walked home alone. He couldn't stand the thought of the awkwardness if he saw Gee again in the morning or something. Of course, he would probably go back in the morning or afternoon, but he wanted to sleep in his own bed tonight. 

Last night had been strange. The kiss started out pretty heated, and only got more intense as it continued. But the two tipsy boys not long into it were separated bye police sirens cutting through the music. Gerard had automatically pulled away and was flooded with panic, and neither of the two were really sure if he was panicking because the cops were here or if it was because he had realized what he had done.

Gerard had turned away before Frank could say anything, and grabbed him bye the arm and dragged him away to find Mikey. After they found his friend Gee pulled them into a bathroom upstairs, before showing them how to climb out the window and sneak out through the alleyway.

They had gotten home fine, if not for a bit of awkward silence that kinda sorta drunk Mikey didn't really understand. But that's okay, Frank really hoped Mikey didn't understand it or catch on anyways. Frank really hoped sober Mikey didn't remember an awkward silence.

Frank continued to think about this, running the nights events over and over again in his head, muddling through it and trying to make sense of it even though there wasn't really much to make sense of. But then again, he's a teenager, what are teenagers good at if not over thinking?

He lay back in his bed, on top of the covers, and staring at the ceiling. It was quiet and dark in his room, probably only four or five hours after the party. He couldn't sleep, he could still feel Gerard's hand on his waist. He couldn't sleep, he could hardly bring himself to close his eyes.

One side of him wanted to yell that it didn't matter, that it meant nothing, that Gerard was probably just tipsy and horny. But another side of him, a more hopeful one, kinda questioned if maybe it had more substance to it. Maybe Gerard kinda sorta had a small crush on Frank the same way Frank kinda sorta had a small crush on Gerard?

But, while his head was racing his body was exhausted from hours of dancing and acting like an idiot, so eventually sleep won and he just couldn't keep his eyelids open anymore because they felt way to heavy and before he knew it sleep had fast approached.

* * *

Morning soon came, much to fast for his liking. 

He woke up due to light streaming in from the grand windows on one wall of his room, and the irritating fact that it always seemed to go directly onto his face.