lost | 00

{ his point of view }

I looked around, completely scanning the area in an attempt on finding a single person who could explain to me why I'm surrounded by life-sized buttons and giant M&Ms and over sized beads and gigantic dimes and pennies.

Well, it's either I'm dreaming or that I somehow wandered off and ended up in the vast premises owned by some kind of amazing architects who designed these stunning, almost true to life replicas of . . . junk.

"Oh, damn," I mumbled as I bumped into a giant key while I was busy admiring the view. But I'm kind of wondering why someone would spend that much time remodeling candies and other crap into large statues of some sort?

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away!"

My ears perked as I heard a girl's voice. Thank goodness, someone else is around. I think I'm lost since I couldn't find an exit out of this museum of large things. It made me feel like I'm a character of the book I was once asked to read back in middle school, the one where Gulliver went on one of those travels of his and explored a land where everything else is huge.

"These pesky creatures! All of you, shoo!" The girl kept yelling which helped me to track her down.

And when I did, I was surprised to find a girl about my age. She's a little bit shorter than me, her hair was long, curly and blonde but tinted fiery red at the ends. She has her back to me so I couldn't see what her face looked like. I frowned as I observed how she's dressed. Her shoulders were bare and her skin was fair and seemingly soft. Her white skirt was hanging above her knees and it's raising a bit since she's preoccupied at furiously screaming and angrily stomping her right foot on the ground.

I had the urge to take my hoodie off. I quietly walked up to her and awkwardly tried to tie my jacket around her waist.

"Oh, my!" She gasped rather loudly as she quickly ran away from me. She moved too quick that I wasn't even able to actually tie the hoodie around her.

"I-I'm sorry," I rubbed my nape, "your skirt was too short and you move excessively. People might stare --"

"People?" She blinked repeatedly, still standing on the opposite side of the room, hiding behind a large, half-bitten Snicker bar.

I then realized something . . . what am I even talking about? I spent moments wandering around the place and I couldn't find a single person but her. Who else would look up her skirt?

I awkwardly looked at her, hoping she wouldn't think of me as a pervert, "I'm sorry, I just acted on impulse, I --," my eyes widened when I noticed her hair. The ends were red earlier but now they've turned into a light shade of pink.

"Why are you here?" She asked, warily peeking at me.

"You don't have to be scared of me," I held my hands up, my hoodie still in my grasp, "I just wanted to ask you for directions. I don't even know how I got here so I have no idea how to get out."

Slowly, she came out of her hiding spot and walked up to me. She was a bit short so she had to look up when she observed my face. Her forehead was creased as she reluctantly touched my face, giving my cheeks a soft squeeze.

Her eyes were gorgeous, I could get lost in its blueness. Her lips were pressed together while she studied me. Everything about her looked fresh and beautiful that I almost thought of her as a fairy.

"You're . . . human," she commented.

"Uh, yeah, thanks for noticing?" I put on a smile although I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. Did she actually think I was a beast?

The girl, then, looked much more confused now. "Humans shouldn't be here," she murmured and as I was about to ask her what she meant by that, she pulled some loose strands of her hair behind her ears.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

Her ears were pointed and the tips of her blonde hair turned to black.

"W-What are you, exactly?" I managed to utter, "Where are we? Who are you?"

"I . . . am the keeper of lost things."

---

author's note:

i've had this idea for a while now and i couldn't write it well since i was busy (i still am but i just couldn't help it so i snuck out for a bit and wrote a short intro just so the idea won't be trashed and forgotten).

hey bangtanzangel , this is dedicated to you since you're the one i got for secret santa 2k16. this would be a short story of some sort and it's kind of boring but yeah. lmao i hope you'd still like it even for a bit! have a very merry Christmas! x

 lmao i hope you'd still like it even for a bit! have a very merry Christmas! x

thanks to riri ( damnedfall ) for the book cover, by the way! x

stay tuned for the next chaps! x