02 ; lee taeyong

Ordinarily, she would wake up with the scent of her mom's food flying around the air but today, nothing but empty scent and empty air - all vacant.

And this all seemed foreign to her.

Her mom would go to work early in the morning, although she doesn't have much time to spend with her daughter, she tried at least by taking time to cook breakfast for her. Jennie had already missed her efforts.

But for today, she had to brush it away.

She walked downstairs with the sunlight from the transparent windows reflecting her. The morning had risen, and birds started chirping loudly, making her day less lonely.

Forget about eating, she only took a glass of milk and a toast. An improper breakfast.

Just with that, she went out of the house with the rays of sunlight clearly shining.

Back to school.

She glanced to her left hand, seeing what the watch showed.

7:38 a.m

Why did she disturb herself to go early?

She passed the school's gate, greeted with students and teachers saying hello, and asking how Summer has been.

She did not want to be greeted again since she got tired to greet back, so she fastened her pace to go inside the school's building.

As she came inside, vacant seats were almost everywhere.

She immediately picked the seat at the back. The seat where teachers would not notice if Jennie lost concentration.

"Hey, how was summer?" a husky voice of a girl's asked.

Looking in front, she noticed Jisoo trimmed her hair to a medium length. She had to admit, it looked good.

"Terrible." Jennie was always honest and straightforward. She just had to.

If only the incident yesterday didn't happen, she would've said that it was 'fine' or 'great'.

And all Jisoo could reply was a nod, Jisoo knew Jennie did not like to talk so she just stayed quiet and kept her question to her mind.

Minutes flew, students started going inside their classrooms and picking seats. The seat on Jennie's right was still empty, and she hoped it would stay like that.

She has been staring outside the windows for long, she didn't even notice the classroom's noise.

Outside, the trees and surroundings seem all serene unlike this classroom that is packed with a roaring noise.

Jennie hasn't got used to this sound since the 3 months of Summer was peacefully noiseless.

Irritated, but she couldn't do anything.

She gave up looking at the view outside and studied the classroom, and her noisy classmates.

Same faces were kind of a lot and some are unfamiliar. Many new students, but she knows for sure she wouldn't make friends.

A new teacher then went inside the classroom.

Greeted by the new teacher's existence, they all shut off right when she made her appearance.