Chapter 1: Running

All Ezra wanted to do was protect the crew. And after Malacore he had so much guilt of how he hadn't been able to protect Kanan and Ahsoka.
     Ezra was in his room thinking, and like most times after Malacore, he was blaming himself. It's your fault Kanan's blind. It's your fault Ahsoka's gone. It's your fault, you trusted Maul. You're doing nothing for the crew. I bet if you ran they wouldn't even notice.
The last thought that ran through Ezra's head he presumed was true, and being in a bad mood he went for it. After the base quieted down for the night he went to the Phantom. And even though it held memories of Malacore, now wasn't the time to find a different ship.
     He actually managed to jump into hyperspace unnoticed.

~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~

    Kanan had been coping with his blindness and learning how to get around. He'd been wanting to talk to Ezra. Kanan knew he blamed himself for what happened.
    Kanan was meditating, he broke his train of thought and decided to find Ezra. He used the walls to guide him to Ezra's shared room. He went in and realized no one was there.
    "Hera where's Ezra?" Kanan said through his com.
    Hera came out into the hallway confused, checked Ezra's room. Then turned to Kanan.
    "I don't know I was trying to com him earlier to fix something for me."           After Hera finished talking Chopper rolled in beeping like crazy.
    "WHAT?!" They screamed in unison.
     Chopper had told them he'd seen Ezra sneak to the Phantom the night before as he was about to plug in, and in the morning Ezra and the Phantom were gone.
      Kanan thought for a moment.
     "Lothal"
     "What?" Hera looked at Kanan confused.
     "He's going to Lothal. That's the only coordinates he knows. And on top of that it's his home." Kanan explained.
      "I'll set a coarse for Lothal." Hera said moving to go to the cockpit. Kanan nodded in understanding.

~~~~~~~(Lothal)~~~~~~~
       After Ezra found a secure place to hide the Phantom(which happened to be where he and Zeb hid the tie in the first season.) he walked in the direction of his tower, thinking. Would they come. Maybe to get the Phantom. But they won't try to find me so I can stay at the tower until I figure things out.  
        He arrived at the tower and was having memories. Of the time Kanan asked him to join the crew to knowing where Sebo(sorry I don't know how it's spelled) was.
        By the time he got inside he was crying, something he tried never to do. Laying down on the bed he fell asleep.
~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~
        The crew arrived on Lothal and Hera had tracked the Phantom.
       "Hera, drop me off near Ezra's tower while you go get the ship." Kanan said.
       Hera nodded in agreement and swooped down near the tower, and Kanan jumped off.
       He ran toward the tower and climbed it fast. As he reached the top he heard crying. It broke his heart. Oh Ezra. Kanan thought.
       Ezra had woken up alone and a little scared. Thinking the crew would never find him he started crying. After a little bit he felt arms wrap around him.
       "Ezra, why'd you run?" Kanan asked gently, hugging Ezra.
       Ezra couldn't take it anymore, he jumped into Kanan's arms and sobbed. Kanan held him and sent comforting waves through the Force to calm him down. After he was calm he explained everything. Kanan held him as he cried it out.
       "Ezra, don't ever run again. If you need to talk we're here. We were so worried" Kanan said gently implying the last part.
       "Sorry" Ezra whispered quietly.
       They stayed that way with Ezra leaning against Kanan's chest until Kanan noticed he fell asleep. Then he picked the teen up and carried him to the Ghost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   First one-shot. Tell me what you think bye.
Rebeljedi16.