Chapter 2: Forgiving

Ezra's POV
       I was supposed to be on a mission with Sabine and Zeb, but Hera told me last minute I wasn't. She wanted to see me in the command centre on Chopper base. As I approached I saw a familiar figure one I hadn't seen since I was seven. Impossible. It can't be him. Can it?
       The closer I got the clearer I could see the person and knew who he was.
       He saw me and came to meet me. I was feeling a wide range of emotions right now.
       "Ezra"
       "Jack"
       We reached out our hands, but I stopped. Why is he greeting me? He should be shunning me for what I did.
       "I forgive you" Jack said.
       Flashback 
        I was running through the streets of Lothal dragging Jack with me as we ran from imperials. I had managed to get them off of us, but knew we couldn't hide forever. I knew the schedule of the shuttle on Lothal, and knew I had a limited time. I turned to five year old Jack. "You ready to go." "Only if you are." He replied. "I can't." "Then I'm not going." He said stubbornly. "You don't have a choice." I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the shuttle. As we got closer I looked at him. "Goodbye, Jackson." And with that I pushed him on the shuttle as it was leaving. The last thing I heard was my brother crying my name.
      End Flashback
       "Why?" Was all I could say.
       "Because I understand now why you did it."
        I was still shocked. How is it that my younger brother forgave me when I haven't even forgiven myself for it.
       "I do have one question: how did you know what to do, even if it was on the fly?" My brother asked.
        I sighed.
       "Because my older brother did it to me. I mean he didn't push me on a shuttle, but he left to protect me." I said. My brother nodded and asked:
        "Have you seen him since then?"
        "No. But hey, maybe he'll find us like you found me."
        "Maybe."
        "Brothers." I said holding out my hand.
        "Brothers." My brother said taking my hand.
        I felt relieved like my guilt had been removed. I smiled at my brother. He had helped me. He had helped me forgive myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here's the next one-shot. Not the best, but whatever. I've had this idea for a while, and decided to do it.
Bye. Rebeljedi16