one

Allie's POV

I sigh  as I step into our new house. This is the fourth house in the past 5 years and to be honest, I'm sick of it. Moving from house to house and school to school wasn't fun. And I certainly wasn't looking forward to starting my last year of high school halfway through the year.

"Allie? Help bring the boxes in." I hear my mother's voice from outside.

I drop the bag I was carrying and walk outside. I grab a big box and carry it inside. We repeat this familiar process until all our boxes are in. We don't have much. It's just me and my mom. A moving truck should be coming later today with our furniture but that's it.

"Can you go shut the car trunk?" My mom asks and I nod, walking back outside.

I walk to the end of the car, looking around the neighborhood. I saw a couple kids down the street playing with a football and a family going on a walk with their dog. I looked across the street to see a small house. It had pretty flowers lining the porch and a fountain in the yard. It was a cute little house.

I look up and in the window of a room on the top floor I see a boy. He stood by the window then after a moment or two quickly moved away from the window. There was a flash of light where he previously stood then darkness from the room. The room seemed out of context from the rest of the cheery house but I shrugged it off as I close the car trunk and make my way back inside.

"We should probably start unpacking, don't you think?" My mom asks.

"But I'm hungry." I groan.

"Just a bit of unpacking then I'll find a place to order some pizza, okay?" My mom tells me and I mumble an agreement.

Six hours later we have unpacked about half the boxes, gotten our furniture in order and finish a box of pizza.

"I think you should head off to bed, you're starting school tomorrow" My mom tells me.

"Do I have to?" I cringe at the thought of waking up early. I'm definitely not a morning person.

"Yes, honey. It'll help you with the change." She smiles at me.

I head up to my new room that is an absolute disaster with boxes still scattered around. I don't have my bedspread unpacked yet so my bed just has a simple white pillow and my blue blanket I brought in the car with me. I sigh looking at my pathetic room. I'll have to start getting everything in order tomorrow.

I really hate moving.