twenty five

Michael's POV

Two days. Two days without Allie. Nobody will tell me where she is. They keep saying that she's not safe. That she needs to be alone. But now I'm alone.

Well, not completely. Calum is still here. He told me he's probably going to be gone soon though. He can just sense it, whatever that means.

"I need to see her, Calum." I rock back and forth on my bed. "I need her."

"I know, Michael. I'm sorry." He sits next to me.

"Why can't you just look for her?" I ask him.

"I've already told you, Michael. I'm bound to the people keeping me on the earth. I can't go wandering without them. I'm sorry." He shakes his head.

"This is all my fault. Everything's my fault. I should just kill myself." I feel my eyes sting with tears.

Yes, kill yourself.

That's nice.

"No you shouldn't Michael." Calum tells me.

"Yes I should. I should just let them win. If they win all this will be over. Everyone will be safe." Tears begin to fall down my face.

"But think about your mom and Allie. They love you and they would be heartbroken. And trust me, you don't want to be dead." He stands up.

"Allie and my mom would get over me. They'd realize they're better off and they would be safe." I run a shaky hand through my hair.

"Michael you need to get this insane though out of your mind."

"I can't. Not when it's constantly replaying. Not when that's the pure reason for the demons being here. They just want me dead. They want me in hell." I stand up.

"Don't let them win. You can beat them, Michael."

"No I can't! I just need to let them win! Everyone would be better off!"

"I'm sorry you think that way, Michael. I thought maybe Allie would help you." He sighs.

"What do you mean?" I glare at him.

"Allie, I thought she would be able to help you. I thought she'd be able to make you love your life. I thought she'd be able to make you appreciate life and love. She loves you with all her heart and you love her just as much. Why can't you see that? It would tear her apart if you were to kill yourself."

"She'd get over me. She'd be better off."

"Michael, how stupid can you get?" Calum laughs softly. "She wouldn't be better. She's dealing with all this shit because she loves you. She could easily just run off."

She's just scared.

She'd be happier if you were dead.

Calum sighs and sits down. "I've accepted the fact that I'm now dead. I'll never be alive again no matter how much I want to be. Maybe it was your stupid little demons that killed me but it wasn't your fault. It was their fault. So how do you know if when you die they'd leave Allie alone? What if they'd still harass and torture her? You have no idea what they'd do."

I open my mouth to say something but close it when I can't think of anything. He has a point.

No he doesn't.

We'd leave her alone if you were dead.

I'm so fucking confused.

"Just think about that Michael. I want you to make the right decision." He smiles.