Divine Wish l

-Third person's POV-

-Prologue-

The blond male was sitting alone on a bench with a bowl of hot noodles in front of him. He touched the bowl and pulled back his hand.

"It's hot.." He muttered to himself, pouring out the water from his glass, leaving only the ice cubes. He dumped the ice cubes in his noodles and waited. While he was waiting, he heard people around his started chattering and mumbling with each other. He always heard them saying stuff like. "Who puts ice cubes in something hot?" Or " There he goes again...he always pour in those ice cubes...weirdo isn't he?"

To Aoto, lunch break gossips was the least of his worries. Every time during class, he would be left alone. Students around him constantly asked each other about his parent's death. They would seclude him out and he always caught them gossiping about him. " Did he really kill his parents?" And " I can't believe him...how could you do that to your own parents?" Those were the frequent questions he had heard but he never explained himself or tried to deny it. In fact, he didn't do anything because, he was protecting someone special to him. At least, that's what he thinks.

Aoto was protecting his brother. The real culprit who murdered both of their parents, in pursue of the Divine gate. It has been said that whoever reached the gate could have their wish granted. Aoto had seen the gate, but he never really tried to journey towards him. The little boy who always follow him had said that he's the only one who could pass through the gate because he had felt despair before. But, Aoto doesn't want to, he just wanted to protect his little brother.

That is, until he met Akane and Midori. The same kind like him. Akane and Midori recruited Aoto after seeing his ability.  After hanging out with them, he's starting to open up a little and he actually became quite close friends with Akane.

-Chapter 1-

"A-O-TO!" A boy with red hair called out. "What are you doing eating here all alone?"

Aoto looked up from his almost cold, soggy bowl of noodles. "Nothing... I feel like being alone...what about you Akane? Where's Midori?" Akane smiled nervously and sat down across from Aoto, ignoring the sneers and gossips around them. "She's out...training...or something...anyway, aren't you going to eat that? The noodles are getting soggy..."

The youth with blond hair looked down towards the bowl of noodles. Then, he pushed them away. "No...it's okay, I lost my appetite..."

"Oh...y..you know what! Let's get out from here...seems like we're attracting more attention."

Aoto nodded and slid out from the bench, walking side by side with Akane. In reality, Aoto was used to all the sneers and glares he had received. At first, it was scary and humiliating, but he knew that he had to suck it up, to protect his brother. On the way out from the cafeteria, he felt everyone's eyes boring into his back as he walked past them. Once they were both out, Akane sighed. "That was intense! Do you go through that every single day?"

"Pretty much...but I'm completely used to it by now... I'm a parents murderer after all... can't deny all the unwanted attraction..."

The red haired male looked away. He was feeling guilty and apologetic at the same time. He often caught himself thinking something like " I wanna help Aoto out..." or " I wish I can make him laugh..." Though, Akane himself wasn't sure why.

"Are...you sure you're alright?" Akane asked. Aoto looked surprised for a minute there but he quickly covered it up with a simple 'yes'.

"O..okay then..should we...go to Midori now? I bet she's already done..." The male with red hair invited Aoto to tag along. Aoto shook his head. "No...you go ahead..I'm tired..I'm just going to...rest for awhile..."