The Parents Come Into Play

(Your P.O.V)
  You thought it was funny how Jack got sick after you did. Even so, you took good care of him that day.
  It only took about an hour or two for him to recover. Then, he was back to his former self.
  "So, Y/N, what do ye wanna..." Jack started, but was interrupted by a loud banging on the door.
  "Just a second!" He looked down at you. "Come on, Y/N."
  He walked over to the door and opened it to reveal a hungover-looking couple. A couple you recognized as your parents. You trembled in fear and darted behind the living room couch.
  "Is there anything I can do for ye-" Jack started, but was soon cut off by the man, also known as your father, grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the doorway.
  "You think you can just kidnap my kid you son of a bitch?!" He spat in a slurred voice, using one hand and striking Jack hard across the face. This caused you to gasp in horror. The noise made your 'mother' turn to your direction, seeing you hide behind the couch.
  She walked over and grabbed you under the arms, preparing to pick you up. "Oh, Y/N! I was worried sick! Did the mean man hurt you?" She pretended to look upset. You just furrow your brow and growl at the woman.
  "He's better than you'll ever be!" You shouted. She looked hurt for a brief moment, until it turned to anger as she threw you onto the ground.
  "NOW LISTEN HEAR YOU LITTLE BRAT! YOU'RE COMING HOME WITH US RIGHT NOW OR I'LL BREAK YOUR LITTLE NECK!" She screamed. But all you could hear was Jack's groans of agony as your father mercilessly beat him to a pulp, and the sounds of sirens. Someone had called the police after seeing your father's actions.
  You looked over at Jack, who was writhing in agony, then back up at the woman above you. Then back to the doorway as a man walked in with a gun, pointing it at your parents.
  "Alright, both of you in the front yard now or I'll shoot. The police are on their way here."
  "Pfft. You wouldn't shoot us, you don't have the guts!" Your dad snarled.
  "You really think I'm scared to shoot?" The man raised an eyebrow and pulled the trigger, landing a dead shot in your dad's shoulder. He cried out in immense pain and dropped to his knees, letting Jack's now unconscious body slump to the ground. Your mother gasped and ran to your father's aid, helping him stand, snapping her gaze over to the man.
  "Okay, okay! We'll go into the front yard! Just don't shoot any more rounds!"
  "Shut your mouth and go before I put a bullet in both of your heads!" He growled as your parents quickly stumbled to the yard, kneeling and putting their hands behind their head (Your father only putting one behind his head obviously).
  Now was when you finally got a good look at the man. He was fairly tall and looked like he had a decent body shape for his height. He had red hair with a slightly orange tint to it, and had deep brown eyes covered with thin prescription glasses. He wore a light blue shirt/sweater and black sweatpants. He looked almost exactly like a man Jack had described that he was good friends with. What was his name... Manny... Mordecai...
  He helped the unconscious Jack up and draped his arm over his shoulder, before looking down at you with a kind smile. "Hey there. I was just coming to see Jack, and saw trouble, so I decided to help. Good thing I always keep a concealed weapon on me. I'm Mark."
  There it is. Mark.
  "Th-thank you!" You stutter.
  "Don't mention it. What's your name, kiddo?"
  "Y-Y/N!"
  "That's a lovely/cool name."
  A/N: If you did not know, Lovely is for girls and Cool is for boys ;)
  Mark walked out the doorway and into the yard, gently setting Jack down in the grass and keeping the gun aimed at your parents. You simply sat in one of the chairs on the porch, closing your eyes and listening to the sound of sirens in the distance grow closer and closer...

A/N: Hey! I'm not dead! Yes, I finally updated the story, and I know it's a short chapter, but I tried ok? I've been dealing with some stuff and have had severe writers block lately. Anyways, this is DawnOfDust, signing of. P.S, I know Fangirl_Jewels will love this chapter from who I brought in ;) Boi~