Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The day had finally come. Roan had kept Drew hanging on for two days and wasn't sure how much longer he was going to cope. She had her final two hour training with her uncle, before going to speak with Stella.

"You have done well these passed few weeks, Roan. Be proud of that. You have got so much done, I hope this is a big success for you." He said as he walked her out of the room. She turned to him.

"Me too." She took one last look at the room and then made her way to her Aunt's door.

"You're ready." He said. Roan nodded and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Stella called. Roan breathed deeply as she turned the handle and walked straight in, shutting the door behind her.

"I'm ready." She said standing in front of the desk. Stella took off her glasses and placed them on the desk. She looked up at her niece.

"You know Roan, I always knew you were going to be brave, clever and courageous. It's in your blood." Stella began to entwine and interlock her fingers as if something was on her mind. "I know you are ready Roan, but I can feel your nerves."

Roan looked down, feeling weak.

"That isn't a bad thing Roan just don't let it overpower you. I want you to go out there and kick some butt!" She smiled. Roan nodded and went to the door.

"Roan! Be warned, I expect to hear from you and I will eventually want to know where you are. Get their trust and hide yourself, but never forget what they are capable of. Find the fourth and kill them, leave the others to us." She said. Roan looked at her aunt.

"Of course." She said opening the door.

"Good luck, Hunter." Stella said. Roan felt stung by the name, but shoved it away. She ran upstairs and someone followed her.

"Aimee?" Roan asked.

"You're leaving then?"

Roan just nodded.

"I'll help you pack." She said. Roan let her come inside and took her to her room. Aimee began to take out clothes and fold them, whilst Roan brought out a large bag to put it all in. She only put a few hunter's clothing in and the boots and squashed everything else in. Aimee then sat on her bed.

"Promise me you wont get yourself killed."

"That's a big thing to promise." Roan said.

"I know, but I don't want to lose you."

"You wont Aimee, I'll always be here for you." Roan gave her friend a hug and she let Aimee out again. When Aimee was safely away Roan went into Drew's room.

"Time to go." She said. Drew took a small backpack and shoved some clothes into it. He put on a pair of trainers and Roan slung on her converse and they went downstairs. Something then struck Roan.

"We can't leave together. Let me take your bag and I will wait for you out of the camera's eye, just outside the gate." She said. Drew nodded and let her take the bag. She wanted to leave quietly so no fuss was made. Before she got to the door, she said bye to Robin who was waiting for her. He pulled her into a hug and she gave him a friendly squeeze.

"Stay safe." He told her.

"I'll try." She said.

"Roan..." He began and she put a finger to his lips.

"Maybe you should see the girl who wants you most." She whispered, quickly glancing at Aimee at the top of the stairs. Robin looked up at her and she smiled and blushed. She covered it up by waving at Roan. "You're my best friend Robin and I wouldn't want to mess it all up. I'm not that blind I can see it." She said. She kissed his cheek and then left. Robin watched her go, feeling stupid. She didn't want him, not like he wanted her.