Chapter Fifteen

You and the Riverwoman talked about plants and flowers for a few more hours before Error came to pick you up. As he opened a portal to a new AU, you recognized it instantly as Outertale. You became a little finicky as you remember the last time you came here with Error. He picked up on your fear and chuckled.

"D-don't worry. O-OT S-sans and I h-had a l-l-little... t-talk."

"Error,"

"H-he's s-stringed up in t-the Antivoid."

You let out a sigh, but don't do much about it. You were curious about why Error brought you here, again, and what he was going to tell you. Although you already had a feeling what.

He pulls out the butterscotch pie he was making this morning. He cuts a slice and hands it to you.

"H-here."

You try the pie, and you immediately crave for more.

"Error! This is delicious!"

"T-thanks."

He stared up at the stars, his cheeks still yellow. He turns to you after you've finished the slice and asks, quietly,

"Y-y/n, will y-y-you be m-my girlfriend? I-I m-mean, I know y-you probably hate m-me, I w-would if I w-were you, b-but, uh, I j-just thought t-that... u-um-!"

He's stopped mid-ramble by your lips on his. Or, well, where his lips would be. He melts as they connect, and you pull out a few seconds later, a deep red color. Error equally as deep a color, the two of you sit in serine silence, you leaning against Error's shoulder. The stars seemed to twinkle just a little bit brighter now. Just a little bit more beautiful.

"Hey, Error?"

"Yes, Y/n?"

"Why didn't you kill me."

"W-what?"

"The first time we meet. You could have killed me. But... you didn't. Why?"

Error fidgeted a bit before answering.

"B-because... I h-had a d-deal. One I-I h-had to k-keep."

"Oh."

"Okay."