Will-Friends?

Request for Madi

There is not a day you won't find me at the Byers house, I practically live their. Will has been my best since the day I moved in next door when I was about 2 years old. So you could say we are pretty close. At the moment Will and I are sitting on his bed listening to a tape of songs that Johnathon wanted to show both of us.

Will has always been shy and quiet around people but has opened up to me and endeavors on my spontaneous actions.  So as the song Don't stop Believing By Journey (only 80s song I could think of) came on, I was on my feet and dancing like a maniac.

"Will! Are you just going to watch me or are you going to join me?" I asked as I do a turn and stick my hand out for him to take. "I mean this is pretty interesting to watch Madi." He says laughing at me. To this I put my hands on my hip and look at him with fake anger on my face hoping to break him.

He rolls his eyes at this but eventually stacks his hand out and says "You win." He broke. I smile at how easily he gave in and take his hand and lift him to his feet. I am suddenly taken aback from the move he makes. He swiftly twirls me around. In that moment something changed in me making me lose my footing and falling toward him. My two small hands land on Will's chest and I look up into his eyes. The usual brown color had me lost in them trying to find the hidden light in them.

As so many thoughts ran through my head but in the moment all I could say was, "Oh Will I'm sorry." I tried to quickly move my hands and body away from him but he stops me. "Don't worry about it Madi were dancing right?" He has this reassuring smile that makes me smile back and say "We are. Lead the way."

To this he gently grabs my hands and pulls me toward him so we are dancing and my head is in his chest. He is taller them me so his chin rest on my head. After a moment of this I slightly giggle and without moving he asks, "What's so funny?" "Will. We are slow dancing to a not at all slow song." Is all I say as another giggle falls from my mouth. He replies quickly saying, "What are the rules of slow dancing? Let's dance to our beat." I can't argue with that so I just shake my head and we continue dancing.

In this moment I feel so safe. So at peace with everything. My heart is beating fast, but not from nerves. It's like when you're so happy you're heart feels the excitement. I'm in the embrace of my best friend. My partner in crime. My person who makes me forget the troubles of the world. The person who stole my heart. Will Byers.

This is sooooooo bad I'm sorry. I'll make you a new one if you don't like it! ~SN💜