8

While they were walking back, Mike spotted a house. He started walking towards it. "Where are you going?" Lauren asked trying to keep up. Mike just kept walking. The house looked much like his old one. His eyes filled with tears but he quickly blinked them away. "Mike." Lauren stay sternly, still struggling to keep up. "Mike." She says again louder. Mike groans. "Mike!!" He turns around. Lauren looked at his blank eyes. "Stay behind me. Someone is in that house." Lauren took a step closer to him. "H-how do you know?" She asked. "I can hear talking and there is flesh blood on the front door." Lauren looked at the door. Mike wasn't lying. "Walker blood." She said nodding her head. "I don't want you to get hurt but we are desperate for more food and supplies." Lauren nodded her head softly. Mike wrapped his arms around her waist and kisses her forehead. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." Lauren said and pecked his lips. Mike held Lauren's hand as he walked in front of her with his gun out. Lauren had her gun prepared to shoot also. But her thoughts were different than Mikes. He was thinking he was going to go in there and shoot whoever doesn't cooperate. Lauren was thinking she was going to shoot a walker. She couldn't imagine actually killing someone. Sure, she pointed a gun at Mikes head when they first met but that was only to scare him off. This time it's the real thing. She might actually have to defend herself and Mike. No she wouldn't actually. Mike can take care of himself. He's probably done this a thousand times. Oh my god. Mikes probably killed someone. Lauren thought. Mike looked behind him to see his gorgeous girlfriend looking a little paler than usual. She was looking at their entwined fingers. Her hand that was holding the gun was shaking wildly. "Lauren.." Mike says quietly. Lauren looks at him and smiles. "I'm fine." Mike smiles back it her. "That's good. Really good." They walk into the house and Lauren slowly let's go of her boyfriends hand. She prepares her gun once more. "I'm going upstairs. Follow me." Mike says. Lauren nods her head and follows her boyfriend up the stairs. Once they get there Mike is attacked by a large man. He's pressed against the wall as the man hits him over and over again. Lauren screams when she sees the blood coming out of her boyfriends nose. Another man grabs her by her waist and tries to pull her down the stairs. Lauren is to quick and slashes his hand with his knife. The man immediately lets go as he yelps in pain. He runs at her. Lauren kicks him in the stomach and he falls down the stairs. He gets up after a while and runs out the front door. Lauren looks back at the large man punching her boyfriend. Blood coming out of Mikes nose. The large man punches her boyfriend in the stomach and Mike groans in pain. Lauren takes out her gun and points it at the back of the mans head. She closes her eyes tight and pulls the tiger. After hearing the body fall she opens her eyes. The large man was laying on the ground with blood pouring out of his mouth and Mike was staring at her with his eye wide. Mike walks up to her. His girlfriend just did something he never thought she would do. "Are you okay?" He asks. Lauren looks at him. "Mike.." She said with her eyes watering. "You're a mess. You need help." She says and puts her hand on his shoulder. He smiles at her. "As long as I'm with you." He said. She smiled back at him. They walked home together. Mike was leaning on her for support because of his aching body. As soon as they get home, Lauren's father runs outside and helps Mike get to the house. Tracey walks outside and hugs her younger sister. Hand in hand, they walk into the house. Lauren tells the group everything. About the bottle of water and killing the man. Lauren's father ran his hand through his hair. "Did you get anything from the house?" Lauren shook her head. "No. Mike was in pain and needed to get home quick. But I did see some nice things." Mike nodded his head in agreement. "Me too." He said. Lauren's father clapped his hands in excitement. "Okay. Lauren and Mike should head back out next week." Lauren flashed Mike a smile and he flashed one back. "Sounds good to me." Lauren said. Mike nodded his head. "Okay, goodnight." His father said, dismissing them. Mike gave Lauren a long passionate kiss. "I'll see you in bed." He said with a smile. "Goodnight." Lauren said, smiling even bigger back at him. Lauren sat on the couch and relaxed as everyone else walked up to their rooms. She looks in the corner to see Tracey and Zach holding hands. They are such a cute couple. They always make sure that nobody sees them do the cute things but Lauren always does. Zach hugs Lauren tightly and then kisses her on the forehead. After being alone for a while, Tracey showed up beside Lauren. "You aren't tired?" Tracey asked in a soft and sweet tone. "No. I can't stop thinking about tonight." Lauren said looking her older sister in the eye. "I-I killed someone, Tracey." Tracey's sweet expression dropped to a more serious and caring one. She pulled her younger sister in for a hug. "Awww Lauren. It'll be okay. I promise. This is the new world, little sis." Tracey said. Lauren smiled. "I wanna be able to protect my family." Lauren said. "I have to get used to this." She nodded her head violently. "This is the new world." Tracey smiled. "The new world."

I'm still getting a Maggie/Beth vibe from Lauren. And also this is a really fucking long chapter. There was a lot to cover though. Anyways I hope you're enjoying the story so far. It's gonna get pretty good. Also this chapter is exactly 1000 words counting this authors note. Okay bye see you later.